Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried many times to catch a critter from around, under, over, within, etc., much of omega's old structures and ships laying around Reedville. I have NEVER caught a thing under their ships, around the piers, etc. The structure looks awesome.
Yet I slay them merely 300 yards away, mouth of Cockrells. From there, I have caught striper, blues, puppy drum, croaks, perch.
What up??
Mark

·
Registered
195 Posts
The guys working at Omega do very well casting from the shore and the piers for rockfish. Don't know about croaker, spot, trout, or the like.

·
Registered
15 Posts
They (the fish) dont like CCA members or Greenpeace people so they dont let you catch em there! Other than that stupid explanation I cant think of why there wouldnt be fish over there but it would be respectfull to stay the heck away from all of their equipment. Things are real tense right now with an unfair spotlight on the industry! JMO!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sailfish, Welcome to Tidalfish. I hope you enjoy a great website. Tight Lines!

Sailfish wrote:

Things are real tense right now with an unfair spotlight on the industry! JMO!

Sailfish, The fairness is in the eyes of the beholder.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AHA! Sundawg, do you catch 'em around the structure??
I am merely wondering why I suck at fishing there..
mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Topfish,
Thanks for the welcome. I live 1.75 miles from the "factory" so I have lots of friends and fam who work for Omega. Did try the croakers at the mouth of the creek yesterday, a few bites but didnt land anything...maybe still too early?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts