Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 12 year old and I thought we would save ourseves the boat ride across the bay this morning and decided to trailer over the Bridge to Mattapeake. We were met at 6:30am with more wind than we bargained for. Got our Tandems and an Umbrella in for the slow troll south. Trolled for a couple of hours until we were just North of Bloody Point. Ben was hunkered down in the little Porta-pot Cabin trying to stay out of the wind when we finally had a hard hit and landed a FAT 33". The day finally turned out to be incredible with NO WIND and NO CLOUDS. Then My boy was pumped but he had to wait for a long troll all the way down through Eastern Bay and several circles around "84". We were watching Birds and Fish Stacked up all over the place. On the way back up towards Eastern Bay The Tandem bucktail started screaming and it was Ben's turn. He fought in his first BIG Rock coming in at 36".:clap: Took us 7 hours but we were proud of these two cows.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys!
GParsley - My son has been hooked on fishing for a while but his old man has had some trouble putting him on a big fish like he got today. I will tell you, he is begging to get out over the Thanksgiving break now. We're gonna try.

·
Registered
13,939 Posts
Nice catching! Sometimes you got to really work for them and some days they jump in the boat. A great day to be on the water and now you have a fishing partner for life........Gary

·
Registered
345 Posts
:clapping2:Fishing is never more enjoyable than with your family.... especially when you are catching!

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Congrats to you and your son. I still remember the first big rock caught on my boat. Great to see the excitement in young fisherman's eyes.......................Mark

·
Registered
229 Posts
Congratulations,
Nothing like the excitement of a kid when he catches his first trophy rock.
I was able to get my son and two of his friends on some cows two weeks ago.
All of his friends are ready to go fishing now.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Now THAT's what I'm talkin'bout! Nice fish boys... if it was easy, everybody'd be doing it! Hope you can bring those boys of yours down here in Dec/Jan.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Great Day. I'm still triying to get my just turned nine year old (Mack) his first big rock (all by himself) but the fish are always just a bit too big for him to take all the way in. I keep hoping for a 36 or bigger fish that'll give him a break on the pullage but so far he's had to hand it over. Just have to keep on going out at least once or twice a week. What a bummer:D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Thats what its all about, congrats to you and your son on some fine looking rockfish.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Your son was just keeping his muscles warm- preparing for a tough battle :D. Very nice looking fish :clapping2: - congrats on a fine catch :thumbup:.

·
Registered
264 Posts
good job i remember when my boy caught his first big rock....2years ago......i am still waiting for my turn to reel one in...havent had one sence....its all good though congrats!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts