Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share a PIC of my Calvert Buck I took a few weeks ago. Late Summner I saw this deer with three other bucks two of which were as good as this one.

Sorry but the board said the ppic was to big. Guess I need to figure out how to make it smaller.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
I always think its neat to see abuck of that caliber taken with full green foliage..( and by bow)..I guess its a little more rare

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Here's how I learned to post pictures.

First step is using an Image host... this guy uses Fishing Works.com, I use Snapfish.com and havent had any problems.

http://tonyboschi.freeservers.com/

Enjoy. give it a trial run and see if you can do it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might be right Taxidermist who is a avid trophy whitetail hunter said between 150-160. Either way I am pretty excite about this buck. Saw him several times back in AUG but he disappeared. I went to Saskatchewan on a bear hunt and while I was there the wife saw him two weekends in a row runnning with a small forky. The next week he came by the stand with the same forky. Thought about passing on him and taking the forky figuring he may be better tasting but the wife likes to decorate the deer heads come xmas so I decided to go for the horns.

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,158 Posts
ToolBox,
I'm not saying there's not some good sized bucks in Harford Co. I know there are. Trouble is not too many of the caliber shown above in my neighborhood. Largest I have seen around here was the 10 pt I got 2 yrs. ago. Had a nice 10 and 8 in the back yard when there were apples on the trees, but those boys are out of sight now. I passed on a fat 4 pt 2 days ago. Got enough meat in the freezer for now and am looking for head gear. The farm up the road has a group that'll shoot anything that resembles brown. Farmer doesn't like them in his veg garden. Next farm up the road = same attitude. If it has 4 legs it gets shot at. I hear gun shots all year long. It's a wonder we still see any with the lead that is launched at them. Crop damage is the excuse.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.