Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And when I used my cell phone for help... some kid from PA shot me dead.

[q]AR RAMADI, Iraq - The man in the street below seemed to be acting strangely. The signs were subtle, but to the trained eye, his actions looked suspicious.

While the rest of the foot traffic on one of Ramadi's busy side streets kept moving, he hovered around his car, talking incessantly on a cell phone. A convoy was due to pass through the city that afternoon. Maybe he knew that, maybe he didn't.

Three young men from Pennsylvania knew it, and from a vantage point several hundred meters away, were monitoring the strange man's every move. As he dialed the phone for the umpteenth time, the decision was made.

He had to die.

It only took one shot. The man never knew what hit him.

[/q]

http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2005/1211/local/stories/04local.htm

·
Registered
50 Posts
[Q]CSLUG originally wrote:
And when I used my cell phone for help... some kid from PA shot me dead.
http://www.dailyitem.com/archive/2005/1211/local/stories/04local.htm
[/Q]
"I thought it would be a challenge," Spc. York said, reflecting on his decision. "I don't want to sit back. I want to challenge myself. I have a hunting background and I thought I would be more useful with a bolt-action rifle."

His teammates felt the same.

"I guess growing up as a hunter watching some movies, I thought sniping would be cool," Spc. Bennett said."

Amazing....I guess that aughta make us many new friends in years to come....

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A 22 year old who joined up to be a tanker for college cash is now popping the heads off citizens as a sniper just because he is a good shot? Judge, jury and executioner all in one package at the age of 22... Someone please tell me that car was checked out and found to contain explosives...

Please tell me he is not typical when he refers to this as being like a "video game".

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
This is a fine example of a journalist second guessing our troops. Do you think for a second that the journalist was there to observe the suspect, who they obviously shot (if the incident even took place) because they had reason to suspect that he was waiting around to detonate an IED. Do you think they might have been in communication with an officer who evaluated the situation and gave the troops permission to fire? Are you sure the journalist is accurately portraying the snipers comments, or is he selectively omitting (Dowdizing) the quotes to make it appear that they were red neck scum willing to kill for no good reason?

Way to support the troops, brothers.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[q] Are you sure the journalist is accurately portraying the snipers comments, or is he selectively omitting (Dowdizing) the quotes to make it appear that they were red neck scum willing to kill for no good reason? [/q]

Bawahahahaha... That paper IS from redneckville. Fritz I see you didn't get a clue for Christmas... did you think to ask for one?

·
14,062 Posts
Even (and sometimes especially) redneckville reporters have an agenda, just like you.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The reporter owes it to his profesion to follow up on what happened and report the crime if there was one, instead of leaving it open ended as if he died because his car had broken down at the wrong spot and we didn't have time to check him out.
If that was the case, then someone should stand trial.

It's hard to believe that they shot a civilian in front of a reporter just because he made a bunch of phone calls in the wrong place.-and the snipers just shoot those who look suspicious. Im not saying that mistakes arent made, but It would seem to me that they would be rare to find that kind of indiscrimate sniping in font of a reporter.

·
14,062 Posts
For a slightly less jaded few of the US snipers:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1862124

·
Registered
50 Posts
[Q]Fritzer originally wrote:
For a slightly less jaded few of the US snipers:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1862124
[/Q]
Hey Fritz, it's good to see you use my Favorite NPR as a source.
Kudos..! Do you actually tune in on a regular basis???

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
Too bad the kid from PA didn't blow out the reporter and a few more *********![wink]
[/Q]

hey Dave, was SLUG trying to impress us. I'd really be impressed if he Googled up a story about how the US is restrained from taking out cell phone callers, since that is the insurgent's main weapon.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[Q]Capt Frank originally wrote:
[Q]capt. dave originally wrote:
Too bad the kid from PA didn't blow out the reporter and a few more *********![wink]
[/Q]

hey Dave, was SLUG trying to impress us. I'd really be impressed if he Googled up a story about how the US is restrained from taking out cell phone callers, since that is the insurgent's main weapon.
[/Q]

Tell me more. I would have thought the US controlled the cell phone industry in Iraq... They don't? Man things must be worse then I thought.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So Frank it would be you opinion that America is lacking in security and valnerable? Is this Clintons fault?

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
To rehash for the umpteenth time, Bush is lacking on borders and the alien issues which does make us vulnerable. Now how many times have I said that? But I think that his fight against terrorism is spot on. Thats it. Clinton ducked in the face of danger, let the terrorists reign and folded when offered Bin Laden. Again read DERELICTION OF DUTY. Byebye

1 - 20 of 21 Posts