Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my attempt at a boat conversion. I'm not sure what kinda boat this was but it is now converted to a fishing boat. Here is what i have added front deck with pedastol mounted seat (dubs as rear seat), fish/depth finder, transom mount trolling motor with head flipped 180 degrees for bow mount, center bench with 2 swivel seats for son(5yr) and daughter(2), and rear deck with 2 seats for me and wifey, AM/FM/CD player, fused switch panel with battery tester, and 9.9 hp. I know the 9.9 is kinda small but I couldn't beat the deal I got the boat, trailer, and 9.9 motor for 100$. I will probably buy bigger motor next year. the boat is 16ft long what do you think the biggest motor I could put on this boat? I s 25-30 hp to big or just right

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I tried to up load pics but didn't work so here is the page
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1445625

tell me what you guys think
let me know what other mods and equiptment you guys would make

·
Registered
52 Posts
Lots of Rod Holders and make sure there's a place for a 150 quart cooler. Other than that, shes good to go.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts

Very nice workl Onewyr!!! Now I have one more boat to worry about in my holes!!! LOL!!

Dayton

Posting pics. You have them posted on the net. That is more than half the battle. Go to your pic, make it full size, right click on it, and click "properties". Copy the "Address (URL)". Come to Tidal fish and edit your post or click "Post reply". Beside the text box are some grey boxes under the "AMB Code:" one of these says "image". click it and it will post two "img" inside [ ] [ ], paste the copied Address URL in between the parenthases. This will give you "yourpastedURL[img]". That will post your pic. Repeat it as many times as needed by clicking again on the grey "image" icon.

Go back and add the pics to your original post and I will delete the photos I have posted.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Okay, foot in mouth here. Looks like that site won't allow remote linking. Sorry. You might want to try www.snapfish.com that is who I use. It is free and has many image tools and allows you post images to message boards.

Nice boat.

Dayton

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i WAS THINKIN BETWEEN 25 AND 30
1 OF MY NEIGHBORS HAS A 25 THAT HE IS GONNA LET ME TRY WHEN I GET IT REGISTERED. so that I can see how it handles.
sorry for the yelling didn't realize the capslock was on and didn't feel like retyping

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Nothing wrong with a 9.9. If it runs good, GO FISH! You can always buy another motor.

Now post us some Big Fish pictures.

Good Luck,

Dayton

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
gotta finish wireing it up and mount the trolling motor and then get it registered. I am sending off registration tommorow and getting a temp reg. also will take maiden voyage this weekend

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I blew a couple of fuses in the process of finishing up the wiring. Sending off registration tomorrow and then it's off to the river for some cattin'. I figure I'm not doing to bad seeing as I have all of 938$ wrapped up in "Time Well Spent" (boat name).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Iknow this isn't the rod holder that u are talking about but....

this is the only 1 I have right now I gotta get a few more. I'm gonna mount the trolling motor between the fishfinder and the rod holder still have to build the mount

this view kinda sux but here it is anyway

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
You got it looking good onwyr!
Fished with my father in law some years back he had a 25hp Johnson on a 14 V like that and it did just fine with 2 of us and sometime my little boy in it. Brings back some good memories.
We went to Lawnes Creek one time and me and Pop were talking about this 20ft hole that someone told us about. When we found it my son kept looking over the side and after wondering what he was looking for he said " I dont see no whole here dad."

·
Registered
887 Posts
Some of those v hull boats are light in the front and they bounce when only one person is in the boat. On the other hand, too much weight up front and a large wave will break right over the bow.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
we are in the exploratory stage. I plan on taking it out this weekend and seeing what changes I need to make

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Looks good. I too question the battery in the front. Prolonged hard bouncing could shorten its life. I use a 35# troller in my 16' canoe and do most of my fishing in bracish to full salty water. Still, at 4-5mph, I get both wave splash and fish splash all over my batteries. I wash them off after each trip but I sometimes wonder how much the batteries are affected if they get a lot of saltwater on top. As you all know, saltwater can readily conduct electric.

·
Registered
434 Posts
the only positive result of having the battery in the front is that your front trolling motor wont lose any power because of longer wires....Remember the shorter the wires the more powerbut I doubt you will be able to tell a difference

1 - 20 of 39 Posts