Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Responded to a "Looking to HO" request for Sunday. Blew off work and boogied to the boat. Left HHS @ 6:30 gas & go @ R&R 2.14 gal with a waypoint for 78A

Turned into the following and started setting the lines.. slow going for those not used to temps being 10 degrees below the norm this early.. finally got 8 out and took the helm..
WWB 225 w/9.0 TA / white CB shad under in the box and the skunk was off..

We had run almost to 78 with the following and the time it took for me to put out the spread..

Started an E/W pattern, WWB hits.. I'm on it but it never pulls tight.. redeploy and resume the pattern.

Dave grabs lunch and inside port planer line snaps with a chart spinner bait lure.. Dave brings the sea lice laden trophy in for the box..

Next fish was off a boat rod, white 6 arm umb w/12oz back 100.. just under under.. finally some pullage..NICE!!

alrighty well things are looking good continue splitting the 8's and sticking to the float plan.. around 1 a wire line CB mojo / spoon white tandem w/28 oz goes off and Dave on the rod.. several cranks and a lift and nuttin.. :eek2:

I knew that was a nice fish and upon pulling up the rig determine that the BPS swivel inline with the spoon stretched the split ring..e.g. all that was on the mono was a stretched out split ring.. @#$!#$!#$!#@$!#@$ WTF?? 150 lb WHAT??? arghhhh

Several lessons learned, great, great day on the water, good company and we made it back to port safely..

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Can you describe or show a pic of the 'chartreuse spinnerbait lure' please?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Josh - Not sure which one he used but Junebug makes a nice one. I had one awhile back but lost it and need to replace it. Puts out alot of flash. I haven't seen them sold at any tackle shops. May have to place an order.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Nice report- shame you lost the bigger one :eek2:. You might want to return the swivel to BPS and ask nicely if they would give you some Sampo swivels in place of the $$$ lure you lost.

Cool deal on the spinnerbait :thumbup: fish.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Congrats John. I was looking for you out there and didn't see ya.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I actually bought a couple of those this spring but then convinced myself they were made to get fishermen to bite, not fish. Thanks for the info... maybe I'll drop them behind the boat!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I actually bought a couple of those this spring but then convinced myself they were made to get fishermen to bite, not fish. Thanks for the info... maybe I'll drop them behind the boat!
Or you can just hang them on the christmas tree:D

·
Registered
678 Posts
We've had horrible luck with the BB swivels we recently ordered from Cabelas... Item description states solid welded ring but they came with very light split rings... most pulled out when tightening the knots..... very poor rings being used... We called customer support to complain and they resent the 2 50 packs.... same deal....... nice BB swivels except for the cheap split rings being used.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
sampo is the ONLY way to go...............

·
Registered
839 Posts
Way to go fishcrazy. It is nice to see some other Herrington boats still going out. I will be out Sat and possibly fri or Sun as well. If you go out Sat definitely stop by early and say hi -on Got Fish? at c1. -Andy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts