Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am going to finally do it tomorrow. I am going to go out for some shad around 95. This will be my first trip fishing in my new yak. I took it out the day i got it and paddled around and now its time to hook something.

Are any of you guys going to be out there tomorrow afternoon? I will probably get there around 5ish. I will be in a Red tarpon 100. Come say hello if you are.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Scott, I'm thinking about going friday afternoon. let me know if you are going then.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was another post that mentioned tryed a spot at mayo island to launch. Someone also said you could launch right under the 95 bridge. Go like you are going to ancarrows but just stop under the bridge.

Well if you guys are all going friday then I'll just have to go then too.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I made it! It went pretty well. I put in under the 95 bridge. The cables were accress the drive so you had to carry a long way. It was also a little hard to get setup and in the yak at that spot. It worked out fine though. I started just about 95 and only caught 1 in about 35-35 min. I then moved to a little shallower water and started really laying in to them. I caught about 20-25 in about an hour or so. I really enjoyed my kayak. It was very comfortable. I will get better everytime I go im sure.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
there was another post that mentioned tryed a spot at mayo island to launch. Someone also said you could launch right under the 95 bridge. Go like you are going to ancarrows but just stop under the bridge.

Well if you guys are all going friday then I'll just have to go then too.
How do you get to Ancarrows fom 95 south? Get off om Bells Rd exit ? Then take a right on Commerce rd? Then where?
I've never been there but have been on Commerce rd at Philip Morris.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts