Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the new HYDEAWAY. (We sold the 32' Albemarle early 2005.) She is a 2001 38' Cat Concepts built in New Zealand, designed by Roger Hill. She was owned by a guy in Boston who cruised her to Key West and back four times, but never fished her. Fortunately he did change out the engines, so she is now powered by 315 hp Yanmar diesel I/O's with Bravo II outdrives. The trip up from Key West averaged about 1.2 mpg.

Since we got her a few months ago, we have been converting her to a fisher/cruiser. We added outriggers and rod holders, and a rocket launcher is going on in another week or so. We also added a generator, and the cooler/fishbox that can easily fit in the cockpit if need be. I still need to add a rigging station, and I will search the boat shows over the next couple of months for that.

She cruises at 23/24 knots, so she is not as fast as I wanted, but what we give up in speed we gain in stability and comfort. With a 14'3" beam, we have 2 staterooms in the port hull and the master stateroom and a full head/shower in the starboard hull. The salon has a full galley forward and couch/table toward the cockpit.

The bridge is likewise spacious with plenty of seating. The helm is a little funky looking, but it will do. It probably looks more at home in New Zealand! The electronics are all Simrad. The chartplotter is great, but I'll probably replace the radar. As I went through the fogbank yesterday rounding Cape Henry at 4:30, I was not happy with the detail.

So there she is. We hope to see everyone on the water!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Nice looking vessel, Captain. Looks like a very nice, stable fishing plateform also. Like Fish Dad said - you need to get some fish guts on it and break it in!!! Best Regards, RTC <><

·
Registered
877 Posts
Not Much Of A Cats Boat Guy But I Like That One, Sweet Lookin Ride! Congrates.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
man what a sweet ride. I dont think there are a whole lotta seas she wont take!! Good luck with her....Now we need some meat in the box...Im sure I will see ya in the canyons!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts