Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, taking delivery on my new girl next week. retired the proline for a 2006 1801 parker. she has popups being installed now and the wiring for my bow mount minn kota. only thing left to do will be install some horizontal rod holders. gonna try and post a pic of her.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You're gonna love that boat!:D I have not even had mine a year yet, and I love her. Mine is an older one, and if there was two things they could have improved on, yours has it. Those 2 things being the anchor locker and the leaning post.
I'm so stoked for ya! Now all you gotta do is get some slime on her!!!!:D
Later, Harry

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey tissy

we are gonna have to get together one of these days and get some pullage. i am probably going to tie fest. hopefully see you there. my buddy is also upgrading to a 28 ft henriques . gonna be doing some overnighters for mr bft and yft not to mention flotsam bouncing for mahi. don't think i would have to twist your arm to much for you to go!!!

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Flies Only-

The Parker 18 was my first serious boat when I got back in boating. Bought mine in 92 and sold it in 2000 when I bought my second of three Parkers. The 18 will not let you down. It is big for and 18 and solid as they come. My original 18 is still catching fish over in NJ. I hear from the guy occasionally and he has been very happy with it.

Just a thought but the dealer told me you do not need trim tabs and you do not. I put on Bennet tabs and a Doelfin and both added to the rough water ride. Installed monster 9" by 18" tabs and it was like lengthening the boat in rough water. Fairly easy install. Lencos would be even easier. The tabs and the doelfin both help and are great together.

I notice most 21' and 23' Parkers have tabs now. For my money Parkers need them to get the most out of the boat.

I remember running next to Superfish's 20' Grady crossing the bay. Pete was in my boat and Don Evans was running his Grady. Pete said look at my Grady popping up and down and we are running nearly flat. A Grady is a better running boat and particularly a boat that is 2' longer. It was the tabs and Doelfin that allowed me to run nearly flat in a big chop. The fin and tabs allow you to hold that flared bow down and let it eat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts