Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never interested in fishing or even riding in my center console, I purchased two kayaks and SWMBO loves it! So much she even goes without me (come to think of it, maybe it's not fishing she dislikes!) We're "getting our feet wet" in the James currently but I want to find some nice protected salt water yaking spots that I can bring a rod and she can dig on nature while I'm fishing. Lynnhaven is on my list; anybody ever yak around Mobjack Bay? All suggestions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
You guy's should hit the Mattaponi at Aylett . If you take a left at the light and go about 3 miles , Zoar State Forest is on the right and there is a ramp , so you can float to Aylett. Its about 5 hours but its beautiful place to go.

Darren

·
Registered
236 Posts
In Lancaster County there is Belle Isle State Park which is surrounded by the Rapp rvr, Deep creek, and Mulberry creek. Great place to launch and spend the day. They have places you could pull up to and have a nice picnic on the shore all alone. Also, in Windmill Point creek the county has a public kayak launch. You will see a lot of wildlife including some bald eagles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.