Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in some of my recent posts i have seemed to have said/done some things to upset some of the local fishermen. for all that i have offended, I am sorry!! In no way am i trying to take business from any of the captains anywhere on the Chesapeake. some of these guys are my friends and some do not take a liking to me. well, either way they feel, i never have or never will, mean to do any harm to the charter industry.

On another note, I am forced to rethink the cost of my trips. the fish have moved around and some days are better then others with the fish being close to port. some days the fish are an hour boat ride. due to the change in the fishing, i have to set my prices back to the original price of $450 as of Tuesday, December 16th. If you have already booked a trip, then that trip will be at the cost that was already agreed on.

I am also considering moving the boat to Virginia to fish the CBBT from the 16th to the 22nd of December. these trips will run $600 for 4 anglers for an 8 hour trip. if interested please give me a call or check out the site. RockSolid Charters and Guide Service

thanks again
Capt. Kyle

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
Kyle, From what I have read , you have said or done nothing wrong. No matter what you do, you will never make everyone happy. You know who you need to make happy. Keep doing it...........Gary

·
Registered
264 Posts
everybodys got to eat and all those big charters started somewhere its nice to have someone willin to take out 3-4 people cause its hard to get 6-8 people together to go out.:rockon:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Kyle...Don't worry about it...you will never make everyone happy....Do whatever is best for you and your family....Tight lines bro.......:thumbup:

·
Registered
738 Posts
If I had a charter boat it would be " cut throat charters" :thumbup: Will meet or beat any body's price LOL:roflguy:Just playing . Kyle you never bad mouth any body and have a great buisness that's growing. Your pricing is fair and afordable & you offer a different experiance than a "charter boat" How many charters let you set rods & be a part of the team other than just reeling fish . On your trips the party learns hands on. Again don't apologize or worrie about other's as you mind your own buisness.

·
Registered
849 Posts
kyle........you're not taking business from anyone or taking food out of somebody's kid's mouth. if anything, you are helping improve the economy of southern md. keep on doing what you do!

"nolle illegitimi carborundum"

bil

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, its your gig you can run it the way you want, if you can cover your fuel , bait , put money in your pocket and keep people coming back then let it ride. I dont know you or what type of boat you have , bet i can almost guess that you dont have the overhead that they do. Just remember its about the love of fishing and making memories for who ever charters your boat.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Kyle I have been reading your post and I can't see the offensive stuff unless there are some seceret gang signs your throwing up in them. Don't aplogize if people are hateing then you doing it right. let the haters hate.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi there kyle, I never saw you post anything negative about anyone or any thing. are those guys cutting your tires and loosening your lug nuts? if that is the case DO NOT GIVE IN. MONEY IS TIGHT AROUND HERE, WISH I COULD HAVE '' BOUGHT SOME BIG FISH CHEAP'' KEEP ON KEEP'N ON--- YOU DA MAN JOHN

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Hi there kyle, I never saw you post anything negative about anyone or any thing. are those guys cutting your tires and loosening your lug nuts? if that is the case DO NOT GIVE IN. MONEY IS TIGHT AROUND HERE, WISH I COULD HAVE '' BOUGHT SOME BIG FISH CHEAP'' KEEP ON KEEP'N ON--- YOU DA MAN JOHN
Gotta Keep on Keepin on..Life's a garden, Dig it!!! Too much Joe Dirt...sorry..

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
I'm on record to say I'm behind you Kyle. I agree with a previouse post in that you offer something different then most "Normal" charters. Guys like you (and another captain in the mid bay whom I have great respect for) let guys like me take away information from your experience and try to duplicate it on our boat (which are similar). It's not only fishing, but a learning experience!!!! We don't have boats with 12 ft beams 200ft planners and 30 rods (but you are close). You aren't burning diesal fuel, paying for a large slip, or have the extra cost of a mate. So I would hope your charters would be a little cheaper than the guy with a 42 ft boat. Sometimes we need that larger boat (I chartered one out of Deal for my son's bachlor party with 10 people). You just offer a different experience. Keep up the great work, I hope your business continues to grow and be successful. If you had the SAME kind of boat, and offered the SAME experience, and severly undercut their price, I could see a big problem; but that's not the case. All of this to say; best of luck to you. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Capt Kyle - You are just getting started and have charged what you need to charge to keep your boat on the water with at least some cash flow coming in the door. Of course the others, who are well established, are going to take exception. I have started 2 businesses and know what you are going through. I am now sorry I didn't take advantage of your aggressive pricing while it lasted. You have picked up a lot of "Capt Kyle Fans" on this board and I am one of them.:thumbup:

·
Registered
368 Posts
I think many charters will be following you lead in the future. Gas may be $1.50 now...but not for long. It will go back to where it was last summer, and go even higher in years to come. Smaller, more fuel efficient boats will be the only way to keep charter fishing affordable. Those set in their ways are often resistant to change, and look down upon those who do things differently than they do (the way its always been done). You are great at what you do, and I imagine you enjoy doing it. I have always been told that is exactly what a person should be looking for when choosing a career. Just as Baldzilla said..........Keep on keepen on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Kyle- I just added your site, "Rocksolid Charters" to my favorites. I try and do a lot fishing throughout the year, that is whenever I get a pass from my generous wife and family. There are a group of us who fish together and most have their own boats. We live here in MD but will travel wherever the best bite is....My point is this...We were considering trailering down to CBBT but my friend said lets just get a charter instead. I said no thanks, let's trailer down because I'd rather catch NOTHING and do all the rigging, finding, setting, and fishing on unknown waters versus hiring an unknown charter and having them do everything for you.

Based on the feedback from some of the posters and from your site, you are exactly what we look for when we charter, even though we have boats...You seem to let your clientel dictate how involved they'd like to be and appear to be really good at it. I will check my crew for your cbbt times. Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts