Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the NAS Pax holiday craft show at his display table selling planer boards and fishing tackle. She did not know what to buy for me (how many wives do), but she did bring me his business card.

NOW FOR EVIL DIC- my wife normally buys gift certificates from places like the Tackle Box so I can pick out what I need. Don't know if you have designed and printed out your own, but you may have missed alot of business from the women whose husbands fish this past Saturday. Knowing my wife, if she sees good fishing tackle for sale somewhere and she knows I go through a bunch of it in the course of a year, that's an EASY XMAS present for her to buy, a $50 to $100 gift certificate. Its money in YOUR pocket right away.

LO

:rockon:

·
Registered
531 Posts
At the NAS Pax holiday craft show at his display table selling planer boards and fishing tackle. She did not know what to buy for me (how many wives do), but she did bring me his business card.

NOW FOR EVIL DIC- my wife normally buys gift certificates from places like the Tackle Box so I can pick out what I need. Don't know if you have designed and printed out your own, but you may have missed alot of business from the women whose husbands fish this past Saturday. Knowing my wife, if she sees good fishing tackle for sale somewhere and she knows I go through a bunch of it in the course of a year, that's an EASY XMAS present for her to buy, a $50 to $100 gift certificate. Its money in YOUR pocket right away.

LO

I think the Evil One was purged from the system. It's a shame

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
I think the Evil One was purged from the system. It's a shame
At his own request if I recall correctly

With this early cold and the board slowing down we could use him around to liven things up a bit:eek2:

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
well you opened the door so i got to ask. no,no I can do it.... someone else is going to have to ask.
ask what? if it was the first time meeting evil dick? or if was fun meeting evil dick? or, is it typical for the wife to buy evil dick products??

I don't think I like where you are going with that/:D

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I met Evil for the first time Mac fishing outa Buzz's this August......Hellava guy. Good old fashioned KISS(keep it simple stupid) fisherman with a ton of knowledge. He makes some reel nice lures.......gave me one of his topwater plugs to try out......has a lure named "WACKMASTER" that is particurily interesting......offered to show me his Mac. hot spot that was only 2 minutes from St Jeromes Creek vs. running for miles.

Evil Dick-alittle strange on the keyboard.....YES Antaginized by a few others to know end.......YES!!!

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Was he selling any Scotty Clips? Sorry, just had to ask. He seems like a nice enough guy; he just couldn't handle any critisism from the board. He always fished with his children and was proud of his grandchildren. He makes so nice lures and those "backward" boards are suposed to pull very strong and tight. Mike (at Buzz's) has some of his stuff for sale. Best of luck to the evil one. I know he catches more than me!!!! 5th (Marty)

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
FWIW: I thought Evil Dic was OK - he sure shared ALOT of tips/tactics.Some were off the wall or recycled but non the less- he took time to post pictures/text to help us all out.

Barry is OK in my book and I hope to met him one day at the shows.Shame he kinda self destructed on TF.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have some of his eels that he gave me before we feel out :eek: anyway they are great Lures and catch fish. I ended up talking to him on the radio a few weeks back. I called out for tidal fish and he answered. We got talking and when he found out it was me he said " I can't talk to you " Whatever DICK. I don't want to bash any one but his Lures are great stuff

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know he was taken off for posting, but I thought maybe he still "lurks" and reads our posts. Or maybe someone would pass the suggestion on to him. I'm all for the little man making money from doing something that is his passion, and lord knows he has passion in spades for fishing and making lures.

I've never met him in person, would like to some day and exchange ideas. I know some other older fishermen who have invented their own lures, and have used some of them with success, only problem is they are gone now and I only had one of each. Anyway, despite the bad reactions to some of his posts and replies, I found his fishing details helpful and interesting.

LO

·
Registered
837 Posts
Some folks personalities are born for the 'net and some aren't. I can sympathize with E. Dick as I've been banned/withdrawn from the national carp fishing forums for being an irritant and the institutional lack of tolerance. True, E. Dick could be irritating at times but at the same time he was willing to share his knowledge which I appreciated. He was over the top and he was an asset to Tidalfish...surely there is a place for all the E. Dick's of the world.

As the USA cable network motto says..."Characters welcome":yes::yes::thumbup:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,298 Posts
Hey ........ the dude catches fish, gave alot of good information and shared alot of how to knowledge ....... like him or not ......

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Dic was pretty cool,he shared that's for sure and thats a good thing,got called out on a couple reports and stuck it right back up there a*s,it's too bad he was a one-way street...

·
Registered
492 Posts
ED would give you the shirt of his back.

I was wondering how long it was going to take for this to make it to Tidal Fish.

ED and I are great friends, I'll be happy to send the messages to ED. We are 100% opposites but we get along great and I can count on the man no matter what. He has taught me a ton about making lures, fishing, and other things. We are like the Bocephus (Hank Williams Jr.) song A Country Boy Can Survive...his grandpa taught him how to fish, my grandpa taught me how to be a business man...I call him hillbilly, he calls me city boy...ED does not own a suit, I wear a suit to work everyday...He sends me fishing lures, I send him marketing ideas. You get the idea.

ED did the Pax Craft show because it is a show where everything is hand made. ED is extremely proud of everything that he makes, the fact that he makes everything by hand, and that it is made in American. I have tested lots of tackle, including planner boards, with him this year and most of it has been great. The items that did not work he threw away or went back to the drawing board. ED really backs up what he makes. ED even donated a bunch of his stuff to a youth fishing camp that advertised on Tidalfish this past summer.

I wish I could say that I came up with the idea to go do the Pax show. It was 100% his idea to do the Pax show, he sold out completely many of his items. The idea was brilliant...NO COMPETITION! He was the only vendor with anything close to fishing stuff. Most of the show customers were women shopping for the holidays. F...ing genius did I tell you he sold most of his stuff, oh yeah I did.

ED is not ready to sell his items other than at shows. When he is ready he will sell via his web site and 1 or 2 tackle shops. When his is ready he will advertise it here on Tidal fish as a paid advertisement. I am sure he will contact Brandon when he is ready.

Few things.

1. Brandon is 100% correct, ED asked to be taken off the board.
2. ED does NOT lurk around the board at all. I can guarantee you that.
3. LeftOar, you are 100% right about..."and lord knows he has passion in spades for fishing and making lures" If ED could not fish he would literally die.
4. At one point ED would have liked to come back, I asked him not to even try for his own sanity. Time has passed, not sure he'd come back now, I hope my hillbilly friend does not.
5. The picture below was last Saturday not June 12th!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts