Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple buddies are heading down to Myrtle Beach in late August and are looking into getting out on the water to catch something (whatever is running that time of the year). There will be 6 of us. Any recommendations on what species is good for that time of the year? Any specific outfits you recommend?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Me and a couple buddies are heading down to Myrtle Beach in late August and are looking into getting out on the water to catch something (whatever is running that time of the year). There will be 6 of us. Any recommendations on what species is good for that time of the year? Any specific outfits you recommend?
I grew up pier fishing in MB. Late August is an interesting time-frame. Skunking is still very possible Everything will be dictated upon the mullet run. Take an inshore/nearshore charter for best fishing. Depending on day/luck, you could have a successful day from the pier/inlets.

nearshore: king mackerel, spanish mackerel, cobia

inshore: flounder, reds, speckled trout, bluefish, pompano, whiting, spanish mackerel

or if you just want to pull something big, request to go sharking with a charter. To shark fish from shore, you must be in Georgetown County. I seriously think the dozens of big blacktips (4-6ft long) under every pier has ruined fishing over the past several years.

tackle outfits: whatever you use to cast lures for striper here is adequate.
surf: 8-9ft rod
everything else: 6'6" or 7" medium or medium heavy rod

PM me for specifics

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We definitely want to go on a charter, I just don't know what runs in late August in Myrtle Beach. We are not picky with species, mostly just want to drink beer and have a good time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts