Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We left breezy a little late and were fishing by 11:00. Started around Poplar not really that much to speak of no birds, no bites so we headed south and found some marks just south of Poplar at about 30 feet. No takers. I heard of some action at choptank so we headed south. A few boats made us encouraged and we got tons of marks of bait and some fish but again no takers. Time was running out so we head back in front of Breezy and again marked some fish but it just seemed like the fish we ran into yesterday all had LOCKJAW! We were feeling a little bummed out but I the day on the bay was just what the stress doctor ordered. We snagged a pogey so I need and official ruling did we technically not get skunked? Fall fishing is tough lots of marks and not even one bite. The blues are definately gone though. Trolled a couple of rubber and not one tail missing. One more trip like that and I am think its time to winterize. Hope others had better luck

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
We left breezy a little late and were fishing by 11:00. Started around Poplar not really that much to speak of no birds, no bites so we headed south and found some marks just south of Poplar at about 30 feet. No takers. I heard of some action at choptank so we headed south. A few boats made us encouraged and we got tons of marks of bait and some fish but again no takers. Time was running out so we head back in front of Breezy and again marked some fish but it just seemed like the fish we ran into yesterday all had LOCKJAW! We were feeling a little bummed out but I the day on the bay was just what the stress doctor ordered. We snagged a pogey so I need and official ruling did we technically not get skunked? Fall fishing is tough lots of marks and not even one bite. The blues are definately gone though. Trolled a couple of rubber and not one tail missing. One more trip like that and I am think its time to winterize. Hope others had better luck
Don't do that the big fish are just starting to come in from the ocean !!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
762 Posts
Don't winterize yet...

My son and I fished the choppy water near PNP lighthouse today without bringing home a fish. Tried trolling and jigging. There was stiff breeze and 2-3 footers, but temp. wise it was still fairly pleasant. Can't complain about spending a few hours on the water with my 20-something son either! We had fun even though we got what I think is our first skunk of the year. I know it will only be another week or two before the fall trolling gets good. Hang in there!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Fall fishing can be very tough and frustrating, it just takes a little patience and its not hard to reap the rewards. I think the boats were out in full force this weekend and that kind of boat pressure dosnt make it any easier. Good luck.
Taylor

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I never winterize my boat. It sits on the trailer and is ready at a moments notice. I fish OC or the ocean side of VA Beach in Jan. take Feb. off and am write back at it in Mar.

-JB

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the encouragement fellas
I dont know what I was thinking with the bigens coming in, I am not going to shut it down just yet. Besides I dont want to go out like that! I am going at it again soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts