Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change my Tidal Fish name. Has anyone ever done it? Do I have to start a mew account or is it possible to change it? PRO-LINE GIL was OK when I purchased my 1st boat because it was a PRO-LINE. I will eventually get a different type of boat. It won't be a ProLine, although I love the one that I have. :help:
Thanks. Gil

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
pretty sure it's done without losing what you have already ......... just contact Brandon, I'm sure he'll take care of it, just let him know the name

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty sure it's done without losing what you have already ......... just contact Brandon, I'm sure he'll take care of it, just let him know the name
Thanks

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gil, he changed mine....I was Fish Dad. I just sent Brandon a bmail requesting the change.
I know that you were Fish Dad for years. What made you decide to go with your real name instead of a nickname or boat name? I have seen more real names lately and was considering doing the same. Gil

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Gil, although I have showed my name on here many times,usually if signing my name after a post as an example, most techies don't recommend putting your name all over Internet/social sites nowadays.
A good example is when people write " I can't wait to start my vacation to timbuktu Monday,two weeks of nuthin but fishing" and then come home to a vandalized house that the bogeyman took all your belongings from.:eek2:

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I know that you were Fish Dad for years. What made you decide to go with your real name instead of a nickname or boat name? I have seen more real names lately and was considering doing the same. Gil
I guess I just got bored with Fish Dad. The only reason I became Fish Dad was when I wanted personalized DMV plates for my car and wanted something fishing related. I was surprised at how many were taken but the DMV site makes recommendations on which ones are available and Fish Dad was so I got Fish Dad plates. My kids are grown and don't fish much anymore and while I'm still a Dad I just don't get them out fishing too much so out with Fish Dad. Before Fish Dad I was LTCAvery but I retired from the Army 7 years ago so didn't want to use that name. I didn't want to do a boat name because many of us trade boats over time and even get new boat names. So the simple answer is use my name.

At least with tidal fish it's not on the open web in that pages can't be viewed unless they log on with an account. I guess if I ever get burned on the internet using my real name I will learn my lesson and stick with the goofy screen name approach.

·
Registered
33 Posts
good report on the name change pro line gil.
way to go fishdad great change.
i hear ya rick wineman, how bout them togs.
good info ccx2

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Name change is official. Thanks for taking care of it Brandon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts