Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note for Brandon and the Moderators...This is in no way a solicitation...

As some of you may or may not know I manufacture my own line of fly reels. I am now in the process of comming out with a full line of fly rods from 4#-12# weight. My brand name is COLTON after my son. I have named the freshwater line of rods from 4#-7# "Slipstream". Now I need a catchy name for my 8-12# saltwater rods. Loomis uses Cross Current, great name. I am having writers block on the name for my saltwater rods. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. I have been stuggling with this for some time now and the rods are ready to go to print.

Thanks boys, FH

·
Registered
239 Posts
The "Strip-Striker" series :yes:

"Rip Tide" series

"wave dancer" series:sweatdrop: :yawn:

"Tidewater" series

"Salt Strike" series:confused:

haha thats about all I have now...Ill let you know if I come up with anything else...perhaps a new rod as a thank you if you use one of the names:clap:

would love a 7 or 8 weight just incase:pp

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think I'll need some inspiration with one of the rods in hand, complete with one of your reels for inspiration to come up with a good name.;) :D
"Money Shot" (Yeh, I hit that one with the Money Shot):D
"SGFR" (Some Guy's Fly Rod)
"Salt Slayer"
"Salt Shaker"
"BGC" (Big Game Crusher)
"Intertidal"
"Big Sally" for your heaviest one.
"Heavy Hitter"
"BoomShocka" Set the hook on the BoomShocka!
"007" licensed to kill.
"Deal Sealer" Evertime you hook a fish on one of our rods, the deal is sealed.:rolleyes:
"Pay Dirt"
"Penatrator" From wind to hook sets, we get the penetration done.
"Envy" Everyone else will be envious of you having one.
"Bling" Yep, throwing the bling bling around.
"Essence" One word BAM!
"Legend" The rod legends are made on.

Let me know when you need my adress to send the heaviest you make, shark seasons coming up.:yes: :thumbup:
Later, Harry

·
Registered
302 Posts
oooh...I got it. "Widowmaker"

Question: Where are you getting your blanks? Any way you could get a line of shorter saltwater rods in the 7'6" to 8' length for an 8-10 weight? I'm sure kayakers would be interested in that, I know I would.

·
Registered
208 Posts
FH -
just something to keep in mind in this process: I know of one major fly rod company who had to rename a rod line due to registered trademark infringements - another tackle company - a big one at that - came after them for it. No small builder needs that kind of distraction.
Good luck with the line - we'll all be anxious to give them a try.
DF

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if your fresh ater rods are "slipstream" how about "gulfstream" for the salt
This is one that I have been considering. But Tibor makes a reel by that name. I guess it would'nt be a problem naming a rod Gulfstream..

I will give a free rod to the guy that names the rods though!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
With the same theme as your freshwater rod and you like the name crosscurrent, how about:
"Slipcurrent"
"Sliptide"
Then you could buy a Sliptide for your Riptide

·
Registered
327 Posts
"BACKCAST Series"
SALTWATER Series
Large fly Series
FATHOM
PowerLoad
Drag Series
Tip Flex
Predator Series

You can send a 9 wt with reel my way!
Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
"Lattitude Series" - then "Lattitude 09.0000" for a saltwater 9wt ( in dotted decimal, or "Lattitude 09 00 00" using degrees) as in 9 degrees for a 9wt you could even use the remaining numbers to specify action, fighting butt, blank/wrap color, version, etc..... Change your freshwater to the "Longitude Series". The reels could be "Waypoints" that can be associated to lat/lon to specify which rods they go best with. Whole line could be called "Coordinate","Location Fly", or "Destination".

Later, Harry

1 - 20 of 28 Posts