Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading down to Naples for a long weekend this week. I was thinking about taking my fly rod down with me. Is the wading any good down there this time of year and can anyone give me any pointers as to where to go and what possibly be caught?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marcel,

I appreciate the information. I ended up fishing around Wiggins Pass a couple of times due to the proximity to where I was staying. That current sure does rip through the pass during the outgoing tide. I ended up catching a few nice snook in the mangrove area and a bunch of what looked like spanish mackeral in the rips at the mouth of the pass. I didn't have a camera with me so I have no pics to share, sorry about that.

Ed[excited]

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You aren't kidding about the pedestrians. I had people walk right up behind me not even paying attention. I had to ask one lady to move so that she wouldn't get hit with my back cast. They wouldn't even pay attention. I am sure if they would hae gottten hit by my big clouser then they would pay attention next time.
I did notice the beach across the way but didn't know how to get over there. At times I would see something killing bate over on that side and it drove me crazy not being over there. I don't know if they were tarpon or not but it was crazy watching the show. It was killing me not being able to get over there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.