Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Mr. Healy:

Thank you for contacting my office with your support for H.R. 25, the Fair Tax Act of 2007. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I value your views on the important issues facing our Commonwealth and the Nation.

I am in favor of tax reform, and I will continue to support measures to reduce the overwhelming tax burden carried by today's American working families. I strongly believe that we are sending too much money to Washington, and I am committed to reduce this burden.

As you may know, H.R. 25, introduced by Representative John Linder of Georgia, would amend the Internal Revenue Code to repeal income taxes, estate and gift taxes, and employment taxes of the Internal Revenue Code and would impose a tax on the use or consumption of taxable property or services at 23 percent rate for the calendar year 2009.

I am pleased to inform you that I am a cosponsor of H.R. 25. This legislation has been referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. Although I do not serve on this committee, I will be sure to keep your views in mind as this bill continues through the legislative process.

Thank you again for sharing your views and opinions with me. I am committed to serving you to the best of my abilities. If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to call me at (202) 225-4261 or contact me online at: http//.wittman.house.gov.

Sincerely,

Robert J. Wittman
Member of Congress

Do you think Obama or McCain will go for this? I don't think Obama will.....it goes against everything he stands for.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
National Sales tax is a pipe dream. It will never work, or should I say, it will never be endorsed by a LEGITMATE ( very important word here) candidate.

·
Registered
299 Posts
as much as id love to see this happen, many people think it will cost them money.

just ask alot of people you know 2 questions
1. how much they make a week
2. how much they paid in taxes last year

standard answers you get are
1. thier take home pay
2. nothing i got money back

people just dont grasp how much they actually pay, and what they could save

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Nothing against Rep. Wittman (I'll probably vote for him), but House Resolutions are "a dime a dozen". The overwhelming majority of them go absolutely nowhere and this is most likely one of them.
They look great in campaign literature but that's about it.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you believe that we all just agreed on a political matter?.....

mdam...good point..i pay 25%

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dixie....my point exactly...neither will endorse it....but if we vote congressmen in who will...it will happen or if everyone bans together and asks for it...I still haven't met anyone that doesn't want it or doesn't think it work.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
There is a good reason tax day.... April 15th is about as far away from election day as you can get.

Hell I'd be happier then a dog with 2 dicks if they just moved tax day to November 15th.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they want 23% but that is way too much....another thing I don't like about the proposal is they actually kick back money to the companies that collect the tax.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts