Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be on vacation in July staying and staying on this river. I've never navigated it before. I will be staying just east of Mollusk. Any special issues, is it well marked etc...

Thanks for any input!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Ok, just east of Mollusk? Toward Towles point/Bertrand/Millenbeck? Towne creek, Whitehouse ?

It's a pretty deep river if you stay in the middle. Don't worry about the red bouy at Corrotoman point unless you draw more than 4 feet or so. Going up river don't cut the next green marker at Yankee point.

Don't cut Towles point very close either. If you have an outboard and stay offshore of the crabpots you will be ok.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Captain, I'll have a wife and two toddlors on board that have just been on a two hour cruise up from Hampton. I want things to go smoothly. I've never been on this river and I will not have the most patient crew if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
A good investment would be an ADC Chesapeake Bay Chartbook. On map 27, page 60 there is a good map of the Corrottoman showing both branches and the buoy lay out for each. Study it closely before you come and you shouldn't have any problem.

If you have a GPS Chart Plotter with the Chesapeake chip you ought to be able to follow the buoys right up to your landing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts