Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dick's Sporting Goods is selling 12ftrs. for $329.They say they are High Performance hulls?Are they stable for fishing?Like wilderness Pungos/Pamlicos?they're not selling 12ft.Wilderness this year.

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In the flyer in the Sun Paper,it looks like it says Victory.I needed a flashlight & magnifying glass to read the fine print on the photo.It's a yellow/orange sit in.It looks to be stable due to the low,wide,flat looking bottom.

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I can find on the net,it's made by Wilderness.They make a Victory 12 Classic,from what I've read in reviews,it's a cut rate Pungo.The Navigator appears to be a cut rate Pamlico.Dicks opens at 10 AM this morning so I'll take a look.They're selling 10ft.Pamlicos for $399,so I'll compare the Hull designs.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
They are made from th pungo classic and pamlico molds. They are good SINKs.

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe you're right.It has a narrow,deep vee hull.I tried the 10ft.Pamlico and although it had a wide flat bottom,it was tippy.I bought a 10ft.Ocean sot Twist.I like it.I feel much safer in it.I'll use my neopreme waders in cool water.I fish rivers and coves for Bass,Stripers,Pike & Walleye.It's small enough to carry with 1 arm and toss in the back of a 6ft.pick up & tie off with the tailgate down or up.The down side is that there's no room for gear.You pretty much have to carry what you need in your pockets.A back support seat would be nice too.Hoohed but lost 2 Pike on the first test run.maybe It'll be a lucky boat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts