Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the official license requirement is concerning rockfishing in NC? Is a NC fishing license required if we launched out VA and have a 2007 VA license? I have heard from a NC fisherman that if we launch out of VA with a 07' license, that we're OK. Now I'm hearing not so from some of the guys at Rudee.
Tim

·
Registered
783 Posts
The NC license issue is absolutely a requirement. We in the Virginia Charter Boat Association are working with our legislators to try to get NC to change their position and law. But there is little chance that will happen any time soon.

I have heard that there is excessive heartburn among the NC recreational AND charter fishing, so the NC law may change. We are trying to influence that change.

Recreational boats are required to have a license for each person aboard. Charter boats are required to have a $250 charter boat license, which covers everyone aboard.

·
Registered
22 Posts
NC License

His Doghouse - You could probably get support for your efforts with Virginia legislators if you contacted area angling clubs, (Northampton County, ES Anglers, PSWFA, Tidewater Anglers, Great Bridge, Norfolk, etc) and asked for their help with reciprocity for Virginia anglers. Maryland and Potomac River, because they are contiguous states offer reciprocity for holders of Virginia licenses..
Bob Bois

1 - 6 of 6 Posts