Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading down to Hatteras for a week of surf-fishing in Nov and found out that I need a saltwater license. This went into effect last year. I called a 1-888 number, paid my $10 via credit card and it should arrive in 3-5 days. I know a lot of TFers vacation in NC and I would not have known this unless a friend tipped me off. Jim

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Easier to just to just pick them up while down there. All the shops carry them.

FYI: That $10 permit is only good for a week. $30 for the year.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's good for 10 days.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Just purchase the license online and print it.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
The person you buy the license from on the phone will give you a number. Write it down and if a officer asks you for the license you only have to give him the number. Did it in July. You will need a orv permit to be on the beach after 10pm. This is from Sept. 16 to Nov.15. These are free and you can get it on line or at most tackle shops . Oregon Inlet Fishing Center did not sell licenses when I was down there in July.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The person you buy the license from on the phone will give you a number. Write it down and if a officer asks you for the license you only have to give him the number. Did it in July. You will need a orv permit to be on the beach after 10pm. This is from Sept. 16 to Nov.15. These are free and you can get it on line or at most tackle shops . Oregon Inlet Fishing Center did not sell licenses when I was down there in July.
Good info, thanks.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought it was only good for a week so thanks for the clarification. Always bought the yearly permit.
Good to know about the yearly. I hope to spend a lot more time down there after one year from today. Thanks.

·
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just purchase the license online and print it.
You're right. My friend said that you need to get it by phone or in-person. Wrong. I went to the site - very simple to pay/print online. Jim

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The only reference to a "boat license is ...

"Blanket Licenses
For-hire vessels and ocean fishing piers have the option to purchase a blanket license to cover their fishing patrons. When purchasing a Blanket License, vessel operators must provide a copy of the U. S. Coast Guard license that allows taking people for-hire. Please Note: Blanket Licenses are ONLY available at DMF offices"

license types & prices

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'm heading down to Hatteras for a week of surf-fishing in Nov and found out that I need a saltwater license. This went into effect last year. I called a 1-888 number, paid my $10 via credit card and it should arrive in 3-5 days. I know a lot of TFers vacation in NC and I would not have known this unless a friend tipped me off. Jim
Was there in May,

Should've alerted the board but thought it was well known by then. I've taken part in surveys while surf fishing a long time ago and knew this was thought about back then.

What you have to worry about now is BEACH ACCESS (that I have posted about), although there shouldn't be any nesting going on that I'm aware of.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts