Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all interested hunters,

3 Bridges Deer Hunting Club located in Littleton, NC, 25 minutes west on I158 from I95 at Roanoke Rapids, NC. (2 1/2 hr drive from Virginia Beach), is seeking new members...only because we voted out dog hunting and a lot of members left because of it.

This club has a LOT to offer-

About 10,000 acres
Charter calls for about 70 members, currently have about 55.
200 DMAP tags, first come first serve.. We are a checking station as well.
Season is about a month longer than Virginia's.
LOTS of deer, turkey, small game (small game cannot be hunted during deer season)
Hunting over BAIT (usually corn) is allowed / encouraged
ALL bucks must be 6 points or $50 fine to club.Can take almost unlimited does.
Terrain includes clear cuts, hardwoods, pine stands, creeks, 95 % upland
Put up your own stands, or purchase/repair those that are for sale.
LARGE 2 story hunting lodge with all modern accommodations
Campers and small "lodges" on property are for sale.
Skinning shed and Walk-in Cooler
Leave your camper year round if you like, hookups provided (mostly)
Bow Season, Muzzle loader Season, Shotgun and Rifle (regular gun) Season
ATVs allowed, necessary in some areas, not necessary in most areas.
STILL HUNTING ONLY. No organized hunts. You shoot it, You keep it.
As of 11/22/04, approximately 75 deer have been taken. Average deer is about 125 lbs (SWAG)

$500 per year dues, must sell (or purchase) 100 raffle tickets at $1 apiece.
$420 Stock Fee must be paid within 3 years (and is refunded to you if you leave the club)
3 workdays per year, can make up your missed day at other times convenient to you.
Unlimited guest hunting for $25 per day.
if you want to join for THIS season you can from Thanksgiving on for one half of the $500 dues. ($250).
General membership meeting in Feb.

I have received a lot of phone calls and emails about this, and I have a hard time responding to them all, so I have attempted to answer all questions in this memo. Do not send me B Mail. The best thing you can do if you are interested is just GO TO THE CLUB

The best thing you can do if you are interested is just GO TO THE CLUB. You can check it out and meet with key people. There will be someone there to help you any day of the week for the rest of the season. Someone will show you around, etc. As a non member you can hunt ONE DAY for $25. Most new people go to the club prepared to pay their dues so they can hunt a few days right away.

Directions- From I-95 at Roanoke Rapids, NC, take Route 158 west about 20
miles to Littleton, NC. In "downtown" Littleton, take a left on Route 4. Go
approx a mile through residential 35 mph area to where the road splits (at a
"V"). Route 4 goes to the left. You go to the right. You are 4 miles
from the club at this point.Go through another 35 mph zone, then a 55, then
a 45, and then a 55. In the second 55 mph zone you will cross a creek bridge
(this will be the second bridge you cross). The clubhouse is 2 stories
surrounded by campers immediately after the bridge on the right side.

Before you drive to the club, you might want to check to be sure membership is still available. Contact me at [email protected] or contact either Ted Burns (treasurer) at 336 643 7320 or Ted Wiley (president) at 919 662 8886. Do not send me BMail.

p.s. I am a new member myself, so I am not positive all of the above "membership" information is totally correct.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hawkeye we have been passing up on what we call bucket bucks, any bucks rack that will fit in a standard 5 gallon bucket, for a couple of years and this year has been amazing with the amount of big bucks that we are killing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just for the record, it is ACRE, not ACER.

An Acer is someone that is good a poker. An Acre is a parcel of land.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...

·
Registered
235 Posts
[Q]Mightyrjq originally wrote:
Just for the record, it is ACRE, not ACER.

An Acer is someone that is good a poker. An Acre is a parcel of land.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste...
[/Q]

Sorry I was tought spelling by phonics. I never was good at spelling and gave up trying. If it looks right I let it fly. I went back and edited my post to make it right. But acer sounds better then acre when you break it down. re sounds like the 1st re in repower and the last er has the old errrr sound. Does it really matter as long as the point gets across.

Oh on those bucket racks. I am talking about scrubs, the ones that are big deer the little rounded points. We call them basket racks. We have been killing and seeing some real nice rack deer and just a few scrubs now. When we 15 years ago this property was over run with scrubs, 160 lb field dressed deer with spikes and little basket 8 pointers. I guess basket rack would fit inside a 2 gallon bucket. My 1st buck whit a bow many year ago was a tiny deer 90 lb field dress but it had a nice but kind of thin 8 pt rack. Deer was only into its 2nd year. If I had let him walk he would of been a true trophy in 3 more years but I couldn't do it at the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts