Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a phone call today from Roland Martin. At first I thought it was a prank but his voice was too recognizable. He's probably going to come fish the James with me sometime before the year is out. He's filming a striper segment during the spring on the upper Ches Bay and then he hopes to come down here after that. I'll keep everyone posted on his schedule. He said his best viewed showed during the past year was a catfishing show on Lake Truman where he caught fish up to 30 lbs. Hopefully we will show him a few bigger fish for his show.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
there goes the neighborhood AGAIN........rememebr all the strories of big cats hauled away by the TRUCK LOADS.....yes i said TRUCK LOADS.......25 years to grow cats like that and 25 minutes to haul them off to the slaughter house........glad i will be dead and gone by the time they are.......

for the recored i turned down 3 offers by jim baugh,jimmy houston and some maryland guy i never heard of.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Chris, awesome.It will , hopefully,open other catfishermans eyes to Catch and release catfishing.People will see what can be acclomplished in perserving and maintaining top notch fisheries such as the James River.You ,Jimmie Weir,Frank B.,and Willey ,Neil,have been long standing advocates of this philosophy and have been good examples for others.So many other fisheries have declined ( santee-cooper) becouse of the hookem and cookem mentality.Some day people l will see you dont have to kill everything every thing that swims.Congratulations Chris.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim Baugh has already done a show on the James and In Fisherman has been up here 3 times already. Don Sweet has filmed at least 3 videos that are sold nationaly. Plus articles in just about every magazine you can think of. That publicity hasn't hurt the blue cat population. In fact, I think it has helped because it has promoted catch and release fishing. And if you think that the James is still a secret throughout the country then you are crazy. I doubt the state would have ever passed the size law if it had not seen the publicity and the excitement the blues bring. One last food for thought....name the most famous river in the world for channel cat fishing...the Red River.....people from all over the world know about that fishery. It is probably the most fished river for catfish and still remains the best channel cat fishery.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hope You Guys Are Right...i Watched A Guy Today Pull His Boat Out And Then Show Off A Couple 15 Lbers...then Gave Them To A Bank Fisherman To Fillet...last Year Two Fellas From West Va. Hauled Away Four 30 T0 40 Lbers To Eat Every Wkend...i See This Alot... You Guys Sound So Hopeful Of The Catch And Release Fishery....with The New One Big Fish Per Day Will Help,,,that Just Ticked Me Off Today When I Saw That...all Big Fish Should Be Released!!! Caught And Released A 42 And 2o Lber Today Also 5lb Rock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts