Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Check out Harbor Sales in Sudlersville, MD. They have 5'x10' sheets of Okume(Mahogany) marine plywood and 4'x10' sheets of Fir marine plywood.

http://www.harborsales.net/Products/Wood.aspx

You need to create an online account in order to view their prices on the website, but it's pretty painless and they don't spam you. I have never bought from them but their prices seem pretty reasonable compared to other marine plywood suppliers.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the quick response.

I also found Aluminum for about the same cost of plywood. I would have never thought that.

Since it is going in a jon boat, I think I will fill the gaps between the ribs with high density foam and rivet the aluminum to the floor. Aluminum will last forever and lighter!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Like MDHokie said, check w/ HarborSales.net
They sell plate aluminum, plywood, polyethylene sheet (Starboard), aluminum clad foam-core - if it's a sheet material, they've got it. And best of all, delivery is FREE - their fleet of trucks delivers daily to sign shops (and anyone) in the DMV.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I have one left over. cost me $100.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Dennis- I have a sheet of 4 X 8' X 1/2" marine grade plywood left over from when I put a new floor in the old boat. We can work some thing out if ya want............
There is a lumber supply in Alexandria, just off the belt way, that has marine grade plywood. Can't remember the name but could find out.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dennis I put a new aluminum floor in the ****ty V last summer. I would never go back to wood. I got my aluminum from Posner industries. Cheaper than any online source and local. Coffee Hill Welding can help with any cutting, bending or fabrication.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dennis- I have a sheet of 4 X 8' X 1/2" marine grade plywood left over from when I put a new floor in the old boat. We can work some thing out if ya want............
There is a lumber supply in Alexandria, just off the belt way, that has marine grade plywood. Can't remember the name but could find out.
Allied Plywood (703) 354-9830 ask for Keith Moreland he is the manager. Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts