Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Picking up new (to me) boat in Suffolk on Sat 11/5 and trailering to DVL. Would like to put in for a few hours on 11/5 and all day on Sun 11/6.

So based on your expert opinions, what should my game plan be?!?! Where should I fish and what should I use as bait/lures? I have a fair assorment of casting/trolling tackle that can handle the rocks and that is what I would like to catch weather permitting. Is it worth trying to catch some bait on Saturday for a few hours while shaking the boat down and then target rockfish on Sunday? Any tips on where to go/what to do would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!!!

-Trevor

·
Registered
146 Posts
Weather permitting you can launch at Norview, go out Broad Creek and head over to Windmill Pt area....2R area and look for birds....or you can do some trolling. I'm still in a full back brace so have not fished for a while....but If I was heading out without any additional info, that's where I'd be heading...

·
Registered
336 Posts
ditto...Chief RDC... and if I were you, I'd rig a couple of three-way rigs with 20 - 28 oz. sinkers on a 4" dropline and bucktails (sounds like green is the color) on a 12-15 ft. leader. Use these to troll under birds or over structure. A SMALL umbrella rig is not a bad idea either this time of year out the back in the middle. In addtion, I'd have a couple of casting/jigging rods with "sting silvers" to cast to the fish when you are able to or feel like it. Fish around 2R buoy, keep your eyes on the lookout, and listen to the radio.

Just a thought.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts