Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in starting to fish from a kayak. I fish the waters of the Piankitank, and around Gwynn's Island for croaker, trout, stripers and reds. There are so many kayaks on the market and I have no clue where to look. If any of yall have a kayak you like, please tell me. THanks, Thomas

·
Registered
35 Posts
Most everyone will tell you that they love their kayaks. The best thing to do is go to kayakfishingstuff.com and/or paddling.net
Read the product reviews and newbie sections.
I have both a sit in kayak (SIK) and a sit on top kayak (SOT). I find fishing off the SOT to be easier.

Robert

·
Registered
20 Posts
If deciding on a boat check out the reviews we have writen on www.PlasticNavy.com

I wrote the Cobra Explorer review and the Malibu Pro Explorer review and also can answer question about most any boat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
also for additional kayak info check out Yakfishing.com, Kayaksportfishing.com, kayak4fish.com Bigwatersedge.com, Fishingkayaks.net

For gear i like hook1(kayakfishinggear.com) or kayakfishingstuff.com. LaJolla kayak fishing(kayak4fish) and kayaksport fishing also have stores along with there forums.

To check out all sorts of different boats go to kayaksandiego.com. Rick will even ship kayaks out of state to yall.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thomas,

I sent a bmail...since you're in Richmond, also go over to FlyFish the World..I bought my Emotion Fisherman from them and I'm really satisfied with the Dry Ride!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Or you can atend a TKAA meting and ask the locals about their kayaks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts