Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions? My Simrad AP-24 crapped out offshore this weekend. My guess is the rudder feedback has gone bad and needs to be replaced, but I need a pro to check it out and certainly to do the work once the problem is identified. Boat is on a trailer, Western shore near BWI.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I'd be interested in your research and solution. Mine has rudder issues also. Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't. Its a Ratymarine.....................

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Maybe check with Jim at BOE Marine. They sell and install them so I'm sure they can probably troubleshoot problems.

Ralph M.
Wish-A-Fish Annapolis
SRRKC

·
Registered
96 Posts
Try this company

Marine Electronics of the OuterBanks LLC

1-800-654-9251

Give them a call and they can probably identify the problem. My AP-24 went down a couple of years ago, it took longer to send and receive the unit (FedEx) than it did for them to fix it. They were able to repair the circuit board rather than replace the board, saved me about $500.00 as I recall. Don't forget to ask for a calendar. They also replaced the keyboard on my Furuno Radar and replaced some condensers, their idea. Unit works and looks better than when I got the boat. They are reasonably priced

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ck in your network to see if the compass in begin seen by your depth finder we had one go bad and caused us problems
The ap 24 showed up but not the compass and that was the problem on a new unit

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
BOE Marine will be a good starting point.

·
Registered
305 Posts
MidShore Electronics in Cambridge is the local place and they know their stuff and have been around forever. The place in the oBX is good as well. The owner at midshore recommended them on my ap11 after they isolated the issue

·
Registered
63 Posts
Marine Technical Services out of Herrington Harbour North in Deale is the best when it comes to any electronics issues.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts