Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a radar for my Grady but I dont have a hardtop or an arch. Was wondering if anyone knows a marine grade metal fabricator that could build a mast that I could bolt near the front of the windshield on the cabin that would maybe stick up 30 - 36". Think something in polished aluminum would be great.

Front what I've read, the dome should be at least 12" above your head at all times.

I'll take any other creative suggestions on how you would mount a dome on a walkaround. My boat is a Grady 208.

Attachments

·
Registered
816 Posts
I would check with S&S Marine. http://www.s-smarine.com/ 757-588-1950 I'm pretty sure Mike would do a great job for you...He has done a lot of work for me and a lot for my customers...AND....I have NEVER heard anything negative about him (well, maybe he's not that good looking) or his work..

Doug

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would not use Randy Moubray if he was free. I sent him some work to put a T-Top on a 19 Whaler for a friend of mine and the work had to be re-done as it was to flimsy. The re-done work made it stronger but quite awkward. I'd use Charlie at Marine Fabricators across the bridge, Charlie was Randy's mentor for many years. Charlie has done incredible work for me with a hardtop and mounting my radar...Incredible work, on time, and fair price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts