Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Would like to hear the same from others...or any marinades for fish from our area.

Haven't tried this on Tuna..but is great on halibut, flounder etc.

2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp olive Oil
1 tsp. dried basil
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tblsp lemon juice
1 tsp chopped parsley

Waiting on fresh fish now.........

Tight lines,
Matt

·
Registered
747 Posts
Simple grilled tuna marinade:

Kraft zesty italian dressing and a little bit of Worchestershire sauce.

very popular and easy.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Italian salad dressing right out of the bottle. I used to use olive oil, garlic, pepper, etc. then figured out it's all in the salad dressing already. Simple yet yummy!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
this makes a lot, adjust according to how much u wanna make

2 gallons soy
2 cups canola oil
4 cups lemon juice
2 cups honey
4 tspn garlic powder
4 cups water

heres another

1/2 cup dark soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup dry wasabi powder
2 pounds tuna loin, cut into 2 pieces
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons peanut oil
In a non-reactive bowl combine soy, honey, and wasabi powder. Reserve 1/4 cup for dipping
sauce. Roll each piece of tuna in this mixture to coat evenly. Marinate from 1 hour to
overnight. Remove the tuna from the marinade and discard the marinade.

On a plate, lay the sesame seeds. Roll the tuna in the seeds to evenly coat.

·
Registered
30 Posts
All those Italian ones are great ( wife's favorite ) another good one is real easy too marinate in teriyaki sauce for no more than about an hour than brush on Kikkomans Teriyaki glaze while on grill cook no more than 4 mins a side ( 1" thick steaks ):thumbup:
Yum Yum!

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
I'm a Tuna Bite finatic....

cube the Tuna about 1-1/2 inches
dredge in hot sauce ( any brand works) for about 30 min

flour/bread ( I like Panko) deep fry for about a minute
drain on paper towel
serve on a bed of lettuce with cool ranch dressing and some garlic toast points and a cold beer

bet they'd be real good grilled on a skewer with sesame seeds ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I use the zesty Italian dressing as my marinade but I let it sit over night in the marinade then just slice it real thin and eat it on crackers my favorite for fresh tuna

·
Registered
3 Posts
My favorite way to cook tuna is to cut slices about 3/4 inch thick and about 2 to 3 inches around, put in a gallon zip lock bag, add zesty italion dressing and put in freg all day after that I take the tuna dry it off with paper towels and bread it with house autrey hotter than mild seafood breader and deep fry for about 3 min, it is better if not overcooked:thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Y'all are getting too fancy. All I like to do is coat each side with a dab of olive oil so it seals up nice when you grill it for 2 minutes per side on the charcoal grill. Then dip each bite in soy sauce (preferably San-J made right here in Richmond) and you are good to go.

Of course you can get more creative but with a fish as good as fresh tuna, why mess too much with it?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
olive oil and/or sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar-

marinade for no more than 15 minutes- you do not want to overpower the natural taste of the tuna, then grill medium rare (remember they keep cooking for a few minutes after they come off the grill, so pull them off earlier than you think you need to.)

They'll eat it like candy- no leftovers guaranteed.

·
Registered
116 Posts
:thumbup: This is a little off thread but the best tuna I've ever eaten was with three other buddies at the back of Walt Spruill's old "hunter" down in Hatteras Island with fresh yellow fin caught that day, wasabi, soy, and pleanty of cold Bud. Man, what a day.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How about Tuna Martinique?
This is an old favorite which is good with ANY fish...or meat for that matter.
In a bowl,baking dish,or ziplock(my favorite) combine the following:

2 red onions cut into 1/4" strips
1/4 C Roses lime juice
1 T Old Bay
1 t Fresh ground black pepper
1/4 C e.v. olive oil

Marinate at least 90 minutes.
to grill, I'd saute the onions in a seperate pan.
to bake or broil place meat in dish, top with onion.
Garnish with lime wedge...ENJOY
Ben

·
Registered
692 Posts
Marinade tuna in basalmic vinager for about 45-1 hour, not overnight. It will ruin the meat. Get grill going and when the coals are just right add a large handful of wet hickory chips then drain the basalmic vinager off your tuna steaks, chunks and season. I like coarse black pepper. Cook until you like it. I like it about medium. This came from a restraunt down in Charleston SC. My family loves it. R/Chip.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cube your tuna in bite size than wrap it w/ bacon. Stick it w/ thooth pick. sprinkle w/ fresh lemon juice and old bay on the grill in low heat:yes:... yummy.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Get some really high quality Dijon. Boars Head works pretty well too. Coat the tuna in the Dijon and add some fresh cracked pepper a little epaprika and a touch of brown sugar. I like mine cooked on super high heat for a few minutes on each side. The key to good tuna is for it to be as fresh as possible.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bring this back to life,
Has anyone ever heard of using Mayonase (dukes) Teriyaki, Soy Sauce, Lemon zest, I can't remember what else or how much of everything the guy used but let me tell you, it was Jammin.
Just wondering, it was a thick sauce & I will have to say the best I think I have ever had. Only had it that one time, should have gotten the recipe then.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
olive oil and/or sesame oil, soy sauce, lime juice and brown sugar-

you do not want to overpower the natural taste of the tuna
Good one. And the best way to "overpower" perfectly good fish is to soak it in vinegar (Italian Dressing).:nono:

One of the best and simplest marinades is Mr. Yoshida's Sauce, available at Sam's and Costco. Probably tastes very similar to your recipe above.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts