Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a good, prefereably used, trailer to haul 5 doz. full body goose decoys this season. Got any leads anybody?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I tell ya what, I got a pick-up and can fit about 2 doz and would be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you take them to any goose feild around.

Anthony[grin]

I've got a few freinds that might have one 4 sale I'll look into it 4 ya. I assume you don't care if it's covered or not?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not care whether it's covered or open. Something in the 6'x12' range should be about right. We might need to construct two levels, as we have 5 doz. decoys.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Fishooter, I may have something for you. It's not 6x12, might be more like 4 1/2x8 or 9' but it has tall sides already built into it so it's more than just a flat bed.

What kind of price are you looking for?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, I'm looking for something inexpensive. What kind of money might be involved with the one you have a line on?

Anthony, we might work something out for a trip or two since you are right there in Riva. Got a layout blind?
Mark

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
fishooter, let me check tonight with the guy and i'll get back to ya'

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at a new 6x10 at Dave's in Glen Burnie today. He doesn't have any used ones right now though. Let me know what your guys says, Chris.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Called him last night and he said he already got rid of it to someone else. I didn't know that, sorry.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A covered trailer will save you a lot of hassle bc if not you'll have to deal w/ a tarp & hope they don't ice up @ night or on your way out + its easy lockable storage.

Russ

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought of that, Russ. A covered trailer is twice the money, though. If I could find a good used one that would probably be the way to go. Used ones seem to be snapped up pretty quick when they come on the market.
Mark

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Just make sure it has standard spindles and bearings.

I bought a Home Depot inported special 10 +years ago and had a hell of a time finding bearings and races for it a few years ago. This year I bought a new axle and hubs so that they are standard 1" bearings and replacements for maintenance will be easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts