Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously looking at a 1988 21' Proline CC;it has 2002 H0nda 130 HP 4stroke.

I have owned an 18ft CC Privateer with a 90HP Jonson commercial OB for15 yrs and never had a single problem--just normal maintenance every year.I want a larger boat for bay fishing(DE and Chesapeake) and an occassional trip 10-20 miles offshore(which I don't do now)of Cape Charles.I am not savy about the mechanics of boats except my own boat.So I need some input.

Does anyone have any opinions on the boat and motor?Any cautionary remarks or specific things I should be wary of?

Motor has 350 hrs on it and I will have a compression check done on it before I make an offer.Any other things I should check out on the motor?
Thanks
Tom
AFISHN

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I've got a '92 ProLine 210WA and I love it. All I can say is that the sub-structure has a lot of wood in it. I've had some soft spots in the deck (wood sandwich construction) but nothing underneath so far as I know. I'd get a survey or if not, at the very least, check everywhere possible for signs of moisture or rot. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
i have an 1988 17 cc. i love the boat but she has some soft spots. the port transom live well has some rot but she is prettty sturdy for the most part. cut the old live well out and cleaned it up just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts