Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of town guests want crabs. Never been to Costa's (heard good things) just a little to far for me. I can't remember the name of the place off rte.702 that is suppose to be great. small place named after some guy that doesn't take reservations....Anyone know what i'm talking about???? I don't want to do Bo Brooks, Ocean Pride, Jimmy's, O'brechy's(sp?) etc.....Thanks, jim

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Al's Seafood is off 702 at Stemmers Run and Eastern. I've never gotten crabs there so I don't know if this is the place you're talking about.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Out of town guests want crabs. Never been to Costa's (heard good things) just a little to far for me. I can't remember the name of the place off rte.702 that is suppose to be great. small place named after some guy that doesn't take reservations....Anyone know what i'm talking about???? I don't want to do Bo Brooks, Ocean Pride, Jimmy's, O'brechy's(sp?) etc.....Thanks, jim
This time of year Costa's hands down. Obrycki's is closed for the season. If you were thinking of Jimmy's and off of Rte 702 I don't think Costa's would be that much more out of your way. I would check the availabilty at any crab house on a weekend this time of year.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey guys - Thanks, losing memory sux....I was thinking the place was called: Bill "unknown last name". thought it was in the basement of a rowhome off 702 & 150 (eastern blvd.) Does this ring a bell??????

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You must be talking Bill's Terrace Inn which is west on Eastern Blvd from 702 in the heart of Essex. Known for their crabs, but I'ver never had them.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ding, Ding, Ding - We have a winner

Thanks C-Hawk18 that's what I was thinking of. calling them now. jim

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I think Shultz's is the place you're thinking of off 702, left onto Old Eastern (first light coming down the hill) and straight ahead about 3/4mi on the left. Don't know about their winter crabs.

G

·
I can give you a FIRST HAND report from as recently as last night!

Ocean Pride Restaurant on York Road - highest price crabs were $78/dozen . I got 1/2 dozen $68 crabs (they gave me 7) and they were outstanding!

I recommend eating in the bar - just seems a lot less formal than the dining room although the DR is nice as well. Let me repeat - OUTSTANDING crabs - full and tasty!!!!

Great treat in the winter time even though expensive - yum yum

chuck

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Listen to Chuck the Shucker!

·
Registered
557 Posts
You are definately talking about Bills Terrace Inn! I was there about 2 weeks ago. The crabs were $35 and $39 a dozen. No jumbos at the time. Crabs are very comparible to Costa's.
Dean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts