Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have a patternmaster in my 870. No complaints. Shot a couple time with factory and patternmaster at large piece of cardboard. I did see fewer large holes in the patternmaster patterns. I was told not to shoot black clouds out of the paternmaster because the wads could hang up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
buckkicker alot of guys use them in the club and just crush deer with it i got one for my browning bps just havent shot anything yet besides a target but it looks like it will be just as good in that gun of mine too

·
Registered
337 Posts
If you are looking for a pie plate size pattern at 40 yards then the Pattern master choke tube is what you are looking for, if not then use buckkicker .

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use the black cloud choke tube made from pattern master and it works great but if you are looking for long range then you need a tube but I found no real advantage with the short choke tubes. My regular choke tube works just fine. I did notice I will miss more if I am using the long range tube at shorter distance and if you connect at the shorter distance the bird usually is toasted pretty good. I think it personally preferene with the results on waterfowl on how far you are looking to shoot. Steel shot is very expensive as you already know that so, I kinda like shooting as the birds are decoying in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts