Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that I keep my boat outside I usually take my Furuno FCV-600 off each time I cover the boat up, Well I guess all those times made the plastic brittel(SP?) and part of one of the connectors on the back of the unit has cracked off. It still plugs in but won't lock and sometimes it slides out while running. Would like to find a place local, if not I'll send it back to wherever Furuno is located. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
MidShore in Easton does Furuno's.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, I actually just did a search and they are in Denton or close to there. Jamie actually mentioned that to me today. I just sent them an e-mail to see how busy they are and what kind of a turn around time it would be.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
MidShore is right there at the Choptank pier. I have no idea the name of the town. All I know is I had a good time fishing off the pier that day. A bunch of dink rocks on light tackle. It was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Mid-Shore is located in Cambridge, Md. They are only open during the week, Monday-Friday. Here's the # if you'd like to call them.
1-877-477-7232.
I "think" they will discount for MSSA members, but not positive. If your a member, It sure won't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I would buy a new one..........:D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Fair & Square

Mid-Shore is located in Cambridge, Md. They are only open during the week, Monday-Friday. Here's the # if you'd like to call them.
1-877-477-7232.
I "think" they will discount for MSSA members, but not positive. If your a member, It sure won't hurt to ask.
--Bay Shore changed Hands a Few years ago --The New Owners I found Were More Than Co-Operative , & fair priced --I needed some Parts for a Depth Unit I purchased on E-Bay --They priced it so cheap I was Embarrased --( Me Embarrased by Price?) Gave more than they asked , Only Fair --Also free Advice Flowed W/O strings Attached --Tel em what I Said , They DESERVE our TF Business --In my Humble Opinion--geo.

Dissclaimer --I Have No Ties To Above place of Business --Capt. George A. Prenant --Deale, Md ---

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Registered
8,589 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Mine broke in the same way. Mine was the power connector. I just opened it up and soldered on new leads, drilled a hole in the case (ouch !), attached a different connector harness, and filled the hole with silicone. I now have a dangly wire harness, but it works for me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I sent my 600 top Denton (call first) and they fixed it asn sent it back bvetter the new. i would call them

1 - 13 of 13 Posts