Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this ain't the right forum but I need help finding a boat to buy. I listed my boat thinking it wouldn't sell right away but sold in 1 day. I drove down to Kent Island and all over yesterday looking but the only ones I found pre owned were at dealerships DVD were marked up ridiculously. I'm looking for a 19 to 24 ft center console fishing boat.. Preferably a 4 stroke engine and would like to stay under 12k.. If you guys see any roadside pm me .. I'm sick not having a boat in the yard. Lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not to burst your bubble, but used boats are in high demand right now. Don't get me wrong... if you look hard enough there is always a good chance you can find a deal, but it will not be from a dealership. It sounds like you might have to compromise on one of your search requirements; either spend more money, or start looking for a two stroke. I sold my 2001 21' Seahunt with a 2 strock OX66 yesterday for 16k and I had 4 other people waiting in line if the deal fell through. I hope you have good luck!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.. Yea I've seen some Sea Hunt boats they're nice boats. Nice Vs on them. One of the guys at the dealerships told me yesterday that used boats were in high demand..I said prob cause no one can afford 60K and up for what new ones cost these days

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've had luck selling boats with Anglers Edge.Ended up buying a boat in NJ which added a delivery cost but if you are willing to travel look at their site.
http://www.anglersedgemarine.com/
They have a good search tool that will allow you o take a quick look and limit your search by price and distance.

·
Premium Member
26,137 Posts
Try using Wye river boat sales. They buy / sell fishing type boats.

Other tip - don't rush it. Research the boat you like and post on TF if someone has one. If so , ask if you can go on it for the entire day. Only real way to get feel of a boat - IMHO.

The 20-30 minute test run offered by dealers just is not enough time.

A boat is huge investment - remember , you get what you pay for. A cheap made boat often nickels / dimes you after a few seasons - where a well made boat holds up year after year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You sell boats in May, June, and July. You buy boats around Labor Day. You'll spend a few thousand less and have a lot more choices with little competition if you can wait it out to closer to Labor Day. Find the well cared for boat that someone is looking to get rid of before they have to put it up for the season. That's what we did last year. I'm addicted to looking at Craigslist and prices are definitely at their peak right now. Also would not buy a 12k or less boat from a dealer. Someone would have traded it in for 1/2 that amount and more than likely if it did not have problems they would have sold it out of there yard and pocketed a lot more money. Its a lot easier to sell a 12k boat out of your yard than a 40k boat where financing is almost always involved.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Concur with Sailfish 27. I bought a new Sea Hunt from Wye River 3 years ago, and its the best purchase I have ever made. The boat is above and beyond what I thought about it when it was purchased, and the dealership is top notch. They have a pretty substantial used boat business, and if you tell them what you want and what your budget is, they will work hard for you. Walk in there and ask for AJ. I am constantly deployed overseas, and the guys, especially AJ, go way out of their way to accommodate our needs for service, repairs, etc when I am away. I cant speak highly enough about them, and they can find you what you want. If you have any questions, etc, PM me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Concur with Sailfish 27. I bought a new Sea Hunt from Wye River 3 years ago, and its the best purchase I have ever made. The boat is above and beyond what I thought about it when it was purchased, and the dealership is top notch. They have a pretty substantial used boat business, and if you tell them what you want and what your budget is, they will work hard for you. Walk in there and ask for AJ. I am constantly deployed overseas, and the guys, especially AJ, go way out of their way to accommodate our needs for service, repairs, etc when I am away. I cant speak highly enough about them, and they can find you what you want. If you have any questions, etc, PM me.
Definitely go to Wye River Marine... Good guys there and they take good care of you.. We bought a brand new 225 Triton Sea Hunt last year with a 150hp and its hands down one of the best handling boats I've ever been on. Plus it sips gas. Good luck, boat shopping is fun. We looked for almost 2 months before we got ours.

·
Registered
552 Posts
My friend is selling his center console 2003 19 foot Sea Pro with Yamaha 115 4 stroke engine. He has not advertised yet but will on Monday. It is very clean and has a trailer I believe.

First $10,000.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks skirt..I might be giving him a call.. I also had someone else on here message me. So far the guys on here gave me the best boats to look at. Thanks everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts