Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am looking for a good deal on a nice reliable fishfinder that will hold up and find me the fish and that isnt very exspensive. please give me some recomandations thankyou,

RYAN

·
Registered
985 Posts
I asked this question some time ago and many folks recommended the Garmin 160C. It's inexpensive and pretty good quality. Plus, if I decide to step up to a plotter/sounder combo, I can pretty much swap out the display using all of the other stuff already on the boat. Check out BOE for some great prices... You can also call Jim. He'll help you get set up.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I would definitely 2nd Jim at BOE....I called him a few weeks ago about a Digital Antenna on Monday....it was sitting at my house on Tues......
I have the larger Furuno...the FCV585L....and it is Awesome!.....

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
sonar only or combo w/gps

Either way I'd look towards Garmin 1st, then the others...Hummingbird, Lowarnce. Depending on your budget. The furuno's are great but I don;t know where they start in price.

What do you want to do and spend?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You will get alot of opinions here on this topic. There are a bunch of nice affordable units now. Me...I like Lowrance. I have been on alot of boats and looked at alot of FF, I decided on the LCX-26

·
Registered
335 Posts
Just got the Furuno FCV620 on the boat and love it. Only been out three times; but found it easy to use, easy to see and accurate. I've got an open CC and was having trouble with my older monochrome. I'm biased though, always owned Furuno.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Furuno make units that will last forever. I would recommend them highly. I own a lowrance, and found them to be a very reliable unit, as well. If you want to save a buck try the eagle lineup. They are a division of Lowrance and have the same components, screen, brackets, but at a much lower price. If you can wait go to the Bay Bridge boat show and buy something there. Merchants usually drop their prices for the shows.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
I just bought this from BOE and put it on my 17' Parker along with a Standard Horizon Phantom 1000 VHF . Because of very limited console space , I mounted the " Black Box " underneath the console and the radio is controlled from the handset . It also interphases with the GPS . I drilled a hole through the cosole and attached the included plug in and AllI have taking up space is the handset . They were very cool about reccomending these products and even matched prices . This little unit is awesome and easy to use .:thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts