Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my pongo and would like to try a sot and have narrowed it down to a tarpin or a hertiage redfish also undesided on the lenght 12 or 14. I fish the bay about one mile offshore most of the time and would like to try the ocean surf so would a longer yak help or hurt me in the surf?any ideas or suggestions , Cory
I know you moved to Heritage, have you paddeled the redfish 12 or 14 Thanks in advance guys and girls

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Yes I have a redfish 14, in my opinion it is a dryer boat than the tarpon 140, more stable and just as fast, but a bit heavier than the tarpon. I am sure we can arrange a demo with both yaks. Then you can decide for yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cory for the input and offer on the demo but distance is going to keep me from taking you up on your offer I live in southern MD I'am trying to get a demo close to home Thanks STS

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you don't mind, how much is a used Pungo going for these days? Had someone drop by and inquired if mine was for sale. I said no but everything has a price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my pongo was three years old ,garage keep and rigged with two flush mount and one scotty rod holders anchor trolly paddle and life jacket but it's like they say it' the timing advertized 400.00and sold it for 400.00 no haggeling good luck I would have taken 350.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts