Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son & I are coming to NN for Fathers Day weekend, will be at Smith Point Is there some good Coaker holes around the Point not to far out ?. Im not looking for secret holes, just need to know it the area holds croaker in little wicomico or drift the point does any good. thank you In advance..........Bob

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hey Gunnboat have never done much with the croaker at smith point jettie but have done really well with the rockfish and so so with flounder. The gentleman at smith point marina said that a boat brought in two real nice flounder last sunday Im pretty sure they were the boat I saw live lining bull minows at the inland start to the jetty. Check your tides and don't waste your time fishing the jetty if there is no water moving . When drifting the jetty there is one spot that seems to always hold fish and you will find it if you make enough passes please don't be tempted to motor up into that one spot and mess up everyones drift the locals get pissed when that happens hell even the comeheres(me) get pissed when that happens. If you can trailer go to the public ramp on fletton and run out and drift the flat to the left going out cant miss it,. I drift gulp peeler shrimp acrosss that bar and have caught everything that swims in the bay including BIG croaker. Then across the way is Damerons marsh . I fished the jetty last sunday and the light house only bites I got was from the black flies tey are bad this time of year good luck .

·
Registered
823 Posts
Didn't mention if you were fishing in a boat but if you are and sounds like you want to stay in fairly sheltered waters there is decent fishing inside the creek itself. Fish the deeper holes once you get inside the jetty. Havent fished there recently but several years ago a nasty storm chased us inside the creek and we anchored up and bailed croaker, perch, redfish, flounder,and speckled trout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts