Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a new 225 or 200 or 175 hp motor , e-tec, zuki, merc. don't really care but a good warranty would be nice. Anyone with any good ideas would be much appreciated!!! Motors with rebates or money off or a slightly used motor would also be considered, thanks!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Third for Whalen's Marine. I know many people on this site who have dealt with Whalen's and they all have good things to say about Doug Whalen, the crew at his business and Suzuki outboards.

Dennis:))

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I told him yesterday on the phone to call Whalens and talk to Doug !

See I told ya .........now call him ...........

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree, call Doug for the best price and best service on the Zukis!:thumbup:

But if you want a 2-stroke go with the E Tec. I just rigged a 2009 225 HO on my 23' walkaround and the figgin thing will blow you away! If you have any ?s about the E Tecs just give me a shout cause I spent countless hours researching the E Tecs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I put a new E TEC 175 on my boat this spring WOW!! What a engine you'll be pleased if you get one Purchased mine frm Ron's Marine in Portsmith

·
Registered
11 Posts
I no longer work with Whalen's Marine, However still I recommend the Suzuki. I have been working with these engines specificly for several years now and they are second to none.

If your decision comes down to the Zuke 175hp or 200hp, I would recommend the 175HP.

It is much lighter engine with one heck of a punch. This allows your boat to have a more efficiant over-all power to weight ratio.

It also features a Battery Isolater system that is great for boats with (2)dual or more batteries.(Most fishing boats do)

Just my two cents:thumbup:

James Whalen

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
It's already been said... CALL DOUG WHALEN at Whalen's Marine and check out a Suzuki... You will be AMAZED....

I can't think of anyone more qualified, dependable and honest...

The Choice is YOURS!!!

Happy Hunting:thumbup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 250 HP E Tec and love it. With the jack plate up, trim tabs down it will plane off in 16” of water. Starts quickly every time, can have a conversation without screaming, great on fuel & not too bad on oil consumption.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. Does anyone have any leads on any 175hp used Zukis or evinrudes up to about 3 years old I guess. If someone wants to power up their boat with a bigger engine I might want their lesser hp motor!!!! Call me at 1-757-724-8686, THANKS AGAIN JASON b.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts