Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just order a Pflueger Supreme XT ultralight spinning reel for yellow and white perch fishing with small jigs and shad darts. I will spin it up with l0 lb. braid. I need recommendations for a rod with ultralight action, enough power to handle a rockfish, if I hook one, that can stand up to brackish water use and braid. Six feet or less in length would be appropriate. I want to stay at $100 or less.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I'm having Deja Vu, If that's the new Supreme, it has a magnesium body, rinse with fresh water after each use (not my thing). There is like a zillion rods that will work for panfishing, Compre fits your criteria, but Steve F does great work, and is very reasonable.:yes:

·
Registered
892 Posts
go with a fast light action rod, not ultralite. Ultralite will likely not handle a rock well, but more importantly may not handle the weight necessary to fish deeper water, but a good light action will be great fun on schoolie rock and perch. Think about 5# powerpro if you are leaning more toward perch and shad. With a good drag setting, you can land a decent fish, and that 5# powerpro is awesome on an ultralite or light setup.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Thanks for the plug guys I really appreciate it. I would go with an M/H fast action 6’ rod. This would be a great rod for perch and also stripers. Wait to see if Jim Hensley puts up a post about there North Carolina trip they just took and look at the fish he caught on the 6’ rod I just built him, 41 ½” 30lbs. You might have to spend just a little more then $100.00 but well worth it money. Give me a call if your interested in a Custom Rod, my numbers are in my signature…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts