Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Mike-

Not sure if they are commercially available. A guy from Lancaster had the molds custom made and the blades laser cut up to 1.75 oz. He has since moved and I lost track of him.

His blades were thicker than Silver Buddies and much more durable.

BTW, we always caught more fish of all sizes on the 3/4 oz then the heavier blades. The occilation and vibration were more pronounced on the smaller blades.

These were in my tackle box are a little box worn.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Mike , Have you ever taken a look at the various offshore blade baits on the market ? They are more streamlined than the typical Sonar or Silver Buddy types and are designed for high speed trolling for tuna and wahoo . Braid makes some nice ones and they are available from 1.5 to 6oz . Maybe you could get a few and get a mold made from them ? Couldn't hurt to try :
Acqua Depot - Braid Products 5" Braid Runner Black Purple

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Mike... talk to collins custons. They are expensive, but they can get you anything that you want.

·
Registered
39 Posts
gfpsr mike if you order the purple blade runner i can make the molds for you out of silicon rubber you con ask tony tochterman about george phillips we make a lot of lures for him my # is 4102827409

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
gfpsr mike if you order the purple blade runner i can make the molds for you out of silicon rubber you con ask tony tochterman about george phillips we make a lot of lures for him my # is 4102827409
Very interesting George . I have a charter captain friend that has asked me to come up with certain style of jig head for deep water flounder fishing . I f I were to show you some drawings , do you think you could come up with something ? Thanks , Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts