Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm up in the Fredericksburg area and just put my boat in dry stack down at Garrets. I'm really looking for someone to show me the ropes on fishing the Rappahannock from Bowlers Wharf on down to the Windmill point and into the bay. I'm more than willing to run my boat or be a ho on someone elses.

Mudrat

·
Registered
382 Posts
when are you going down? I can help you. Ive got my own boat as well. Ive been going down there my entire life. I have a place in Urbanna and almost nobody knows that stretch of river like I do.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I know those areas pretty well, too. How about a "TF" trip on the Rapp. sometime with 3 or 4 of us?
Also, if you're just interested in getting some "pullage", you can usually get on the bottom feeders within about 5 mins. of Garretts.[smile]

·
Registered
496 Posts
Capt.George-- A TF Trip on the Rap is a great idea! Please count me in. I'm on Deep Creek, off the Rap. just below Morratico.[excited]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys I'm up for just about any kind of fishing you all can think of. I'm down to the boat just about every weekend and I can go out on evenings as well through the week. The boats a 23' Bluewater CC with a full bracket for the motor so I can fit 3 or 4 of us without to much problem or we can take a couple of boats doesn't matter to me I just want to get some fishing in

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am definitely interested in TF trip. I am down most every weekend and can be down during the week.My boat is on a lift on the Rap in Morattico

Let me know

Bill

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys - I'd like to join you if you have room and the date works. Please keep me in the loop. I am located (part time!) in Weems. thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Count me in too. I just sold my home in Va. Beach and will be moving to Indian Creek. I would love to get familiar with the Rapp, too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With response like this you folks suppose we should just go ahead and make it the first annual Tidal Fish Rappahanock Fishing Tournament followed by some food and spirits? [wink]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wifes family is coming down to visit that day so that makes it a perfect day to go fishing[wink]

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Sounds like a plan! How about everyone who is interested in a Rapp. River TF Tournament on August 5 shoot me a bmail, including any comments or suggestions.?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't make it either on the 5th. Would be interested in future events. Have boat with room for couple of ho's. Hmmm 'Rappahannock River Rats'.....could be the start of a new TF organization... Tight lines. Rolf

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
I've gotten quite a few bmails on this. About half can make the 5th, about half cannot. Please respond if the 19th works better for most or if sticking with the 5th is best. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts