Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys and gals

Could you share you favorite recipes,,
I met a new girl and she does'nt care for venison much.says its to gamey .. trying any new ideas to see if I can convince her otherwise..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Did you try to Crock Pot, brown gravy, and lots of onion? That's still my favorite way to cook a roast.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Go to a resturant food supply outlet and buy a container of beef base. After you cook the venison, completely drain the meat. Make up some beef base as per instructions and put the beef base in with the venison. Gives the venison a milder taste. Beware some/most of the commercial beef bases have a ton of salt. I normally don't add salt to a recipe if I am using base.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
I cut my tenderloin into 1 inch square chunks and marinate it in Stubbs Texas steak house marinade for two days. I then wrap a strip of bacon around it and put it on a skewer and grill it........ it's so good...it will make your tongue slap your brain. If she don't like that I would start looking for a new girl!................Gary

·
Registered
856 Posts
marinated balsamic venison steaks You will need 1 cup of balsamic vinager,2 cloves of garlic minced,dash of black pepper,chopped fresh tyme optional,salt and evoo mix all ingredients then slowly whisk in olive oil place steaks about half to inch thick in marinade for about four to six hours then grill about 5 minuted on each side.If she doesnt like this then I would suggest find another gal.just kiddin ENJOY!!!:clapping2:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Take a roast and put it in the crock pot with sweet baby rays for 10 hours it will be so tender just shred it up with forks, drain any excess liquid off, if you need to add a little fresh sweet baby rays for thickness and you have so awsome shredded bbq for sandwiches..

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree..new girlfriend...Cuz no matter how good the sex is now, it will fade over time, but the desire for you to hunt and the taste of venison will remain constant.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Take a foot long segment of tenderloin, coat it with a thin covering of olive oil or melted butter, press some Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened steak magic ( available at all grocery stores in the spice section ), sear on a hot skillet ( blackening it essentially ). This usually leaves it rare in the middle. Take a sharp filet knife and cut very thin medallions. Provide a dipping sauce ( I prefer Bearnaise ). Even my kids eat it this way.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
In Feb. every year, our club, even that guzzi guy, cooks a dinner for our local Surry community. Probably 100 to 150 people. Everyone likes it. We steak it up into about half to 3/4 inch steaks (all ham meat, but you can surely use loin), dip in into some lightly seasoned flour, and fry it until all the blood's gone. Then we put into crock-pots, add lots of onions (I think some celery too), enough water to just cover everything, and then put a pack or two of dry onion soup mix in. Check it occasionally and some S&P are probably in order. Cook it until the meat falls apart. Usually about 6 hours in the crock-pot. Am I forgetting anything guzzi? Congratulations on your deer too. JK

·
Registered
38 Posts
Make some chili- Use either ground venison or a roast cut into bite sized chunks and slow cook until tender, and subsitute for beef in your favorite chili recipe. With all the spice a lot of people cant even tell its not beef.

I made a balsamic marinade with fresh rosemary similar to one listed above for the backstrap steaks that was really good. Also you can use the backstrap sliced very thin with salt and pepper to make philly cheese steaks, with some sauted onions, peppers, and shrooms.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Go to a resturant food supply outlet and buy a container of beef base. After you cook the venison, completely drain the meat. Make up some beef base as per instructions and put the beef base in with the venison. Gives the venison a milder taste. Beware some/most of the commercial beef bases have a ton of salt. I normally don't add salt to a recipe if I am using base.
you can get small contaners of beef base at some grocery stores.
you can also run it on the outside of the roast

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here is the problem with almost all these recipes....You are trying to hide the taste of the deer or make it taste like something else. Some of these recipes sound delicious, but dog sh.t would taste good in some of them. The key is to make the deer meat taste good.This requires using a good cut of loin in a young animal, lightly seasoned and sliced thin.
I like the suggestion above about treating it like veal, but this requires sliced hindquarter on a very young deer, pounded thin with a meat mallot. Then it will make a great parmisana ( can also be chicken fried )

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really can't help with this one. I prefer my venison fried in butter and left medium rare. I never grind any meat and even fry the scraps. I like the flavor so much I don't bother with sauces of any kind.

Some people find venison gamey, I find beef, pork, and chicken bland. I'd take venison over anything except moose or elk.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If you want to make it taste like something else buy something else. I will take it grilled seasoned with steak seasoning medium rare all year long!!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Too funny You all,
Waiting to long to find one that likes to hunt and fish so thats Out, Several on the suggestions look pretty good and i wll try them out on her..

I think she had it a few other times right off the hoof perhaps thats the reason she gets that face ( Yuck look) some of these look pretty good to me too... I use a Brown Sugar Baise I got form a Hunting mag and Um Um MMM it is good...

Thanks everyone

Good Hunting

1 - 18 of 18 Posts