Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi members
Happy New Year
I need your help! to find a yard to store my 22ft boat for the summer, someplace near slaughters or Lewis. it has to have fresh water to flush engine. I live in Delaware near prices corner, I have been towing the boat to and from Lewis until the gas went crazy. I was told by a friend that there is a place near slaughters, but he can't remember the name.
Thank you
rcgsilver

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
cgsilver,

Cedar Creek Marina (Phone# 302-422-2040) is near Slaughter Beach and the Misipillion Inlet. They have a indoor storage facility and place to wash your boat. Not sure what they charge

Beach Marine (Phone # 302-645-7066) is on Hwy 1 in Lewes. They have an outdoor storage yard behind a fence to store your boat on a trailer. Call ahead and they will pull the boat and have it waiting for you to pick up. They charge $250 per season (unlimited Pulls from behind fence) and the "season" runs until you say so. Winter storage rates are $50. Not sure if they have a hose to flush motor - I don't think so.

There is also Lewes Harbor Marine located on the canal, In town. Not sure what they charge, but it's probably most expensive.

~ Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Croixboy is right about Beach Marine. They do not provide fresh water. They used to, but after people stealing the hoses, and not shutting the water off they don't allow it anymore. As far as Lewes Harbor I'd hate to see what they would charge. Nice looking place at Slaughter Beach, but that might be a little steep too being they store them inside.

·
Registered
614 Posts
[Q]rcgsilver originally wrote:
Hi members
Happy New Year
I need your help! to find a yard to store my 22ft boat for the summer, someplace near slaughters or Lewis. it has to have fresh water to flush engine. I live in Delaware near prices corner, I have been towing the boat to and from Lewis until the gas went crazy. I was told by a friend that there is a place near slaughters, but he can't remember the name.
Thank you
rcgsilver
[/Q]

There is space available at the dry storage facility at the Indian River Inlet Marina. (At least there was two weeks ago). I don't know what they get for storage, but it shouldn't be bad since the marina was built with public funds...

TED

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has anyone heard of a place called " CLARK,S BOAT STORAGE " I am told that it is located on the road to slaugthers beach. does someone have a phone # or internet address for them?

Thank You
rcgsilver

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe the Bait Shop at the public Slaughter beach ramps has some storage for boats and I have watched guys flush their motor there.

I can't find their number at the moment. When I do, I'll post.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Are you familiar with the broadkill river.If so before you cross it on your way to lewes on the north bound side is a farm house and the guy lets you keep your boat there and has fresh water .He used to charge $100 for the season and that was 4 years ago.When you put in its about 7.5 miles to Rosevelt Inlet.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
RCGSILVER, I can tell you where Clarks is at. Take rt#1 south past the 113 split. I think it's rt#36. It is at a marina on your right side of rt#1. At this exit turn left onto #36 and goback to Slaughter Beach. just before the bridge (very small) turn left to Cedar Creek Bait & Tackle. This is where the De public ramps are. Clarks is on rt#36 prior to turning left at the bridge. Clarks is on your right hand side and has fresh water and is fenced in. They used to charge $110 for the season (April to Dec.) but that was 6 yrs ago. Hope this helps if not and you need more info e-mail me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts