Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping to find someone who could help with a short term problem. I just purchased a Grady White 248 Voyager but needs to have the engine serviced before I can get back on the water. I don't want to get bent over by a boat mechanic who knows that my options are limited to being dropped off via water tow. I tried to retrofit my current trailer with no luck. I would rather spend the money on gas than on unnecessary repairs. I figure I would need for approx a week while I have my normal mechanic-Shore Drive Marine do the work. The boat is located on Shore Drive. I am looking for any help or suggestions. Thank you.

·
Registered
376 Posts
trailer rental?

Is that what you are asking.... if someone will move the boat for you or rent you a trailer? I know Sea Tow has trailer that will move just about anything, I don't know how much they charge..

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
retrofit ? welcome to tidalfish first of all. how did you try to retrofit ? for way less than your going to pay some one for a weeks worth of remtal or borrow one......you said you had a trailor right ? go to bob's boat trailors and buy 12 brackets and U bolts- $120 bucks. stop off at the lumber yard and buy 4 2x10's at 20 feet long.....i redid the bunks on my trailor in 2 hours at the boat ramp before we went fishingthe other day......right in the parking lot at owls creek. i left part of the old bunks on just in case i made an error.....they worked perfect. what ever the cost of the wood is plus 120 bucks VS a nre trailor VS $1600 for a shop to do it.....

BEFORE::

AFTER::

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
oh the white pvc material ? its left over FENCE, you know the new PVC white fences....i just cut off one side and it fit perfect......bob's sells the regualr stuff most people use....its $3 a foot - 2 20x's is another 120 bucks......this aint just a hat rack ya know....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I meant borrow a trailer. I plan to rebuild current trailer but need something big enough for a week or so. Thank you for the ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.