Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already getting ready for March including replacing all the rollers on my Venture trailer.
Any good advice on which rollers to use would be appreciated. I know some are harder oir softer than others some are non marking and whatnot. Would like to get the right rollers on there once and call it a job well done. many thanks Mike S

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
Stop in Dave's in Glen Burnie - they will set you up with the correct rollers.Do not forget to get new hardware - most times it is not worth trying to re use the old.Not uncommon for old to break when removing it.

I like to do trailer work at Sandy Point.Easy to launch the boat plus you do not tie up other boaters since there are so many ramps.If you can - work on a weekday - Daves is only 25 miles from Sandy Point- in case you need more parts.

I also like to use a spray lube on the rollers - I try to lube them 4-5 times each year.Lowes/Home Depot carry it and it really helps.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Use only urethane rollers. Clean the shafts real good or replace. I just had an old shaft with new roller bend at CBBT and PO'd some folks waiting to retrieve...too bad. My shafts are welded on one end and not replaceable on the road. If yours are welded and not capped I can put new shafts in for you at my garage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts