Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Jones Brothers 23' Cape CC. It weighs about 2150 Lbs dry. Can any of you guys reccomend a trailor? I'm not sure whether to go with bunks or rollers. I know I want tandum axle w/ brakes. I also know that I should not skimp and get a good one, but I have no idea which manufacturer / type to go with. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Roller or bunks. . . I went roller. With an electric wench just my tires get wet, unless it is a shallow grade ramp. Even my lights stay out of the water at most boat ramps. Saves on lifetime of trailer. Now my boat is smaller than yours but I know lots of guys with boats that size that use rollers who feel the same way. Just rig a walk board down the side of the trailer and attach a string (1/8" nylon braid) to your wench on off switch and you can load and unload pretty much by yourself if you have to.

I ran the string down the trailer and tied it off on the last frame. That way I can walk to the back; hook up the wench; and start wenching the boat up without getting wet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts