Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in the area today and felt compelled to stop in warrens.... Pulled in the parking lot and there was one car...Mine.. Not needing anything rite now, I felt obligated to buy something. Always have a use for a few 4oz parachutes in random colors. With the economy and Christmas 3 days away, our local shops are barely surviving. I didn't break the bank today, spending $ 15.00 but I'm sure every little bit helps.

Shawn F

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Funny to see this post. I have stopped by warrens twice within the last week as I have to get about a dozen or so chutes and both times they were closed despite it being a day they were open. I hope to try again tomorrow. I like their parachutes the best (along with June Bugs before they jacked up their prices by like 55%)

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
We normally stay open until Christmas and close from Christmas until the middle of February. This year we closed last week. It gets boring sitting down there all day with nothing to do when we have so much to do at home.

Of course, years ago, when the YP were plentiful we stayed open all winter.

Ele

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny to see this post. I have stopped by warrens twice within the last week as I have to get about a dozen or so chutes and both times they were closed despite it being a day they were open. I hope to try again tomorrow. I like their parachutes the best (along with June Bugs before they jacked up their prices by like 55%)
B- I do recall seeing a sign on the door stating there closed on Wednesday's but don't hold me to that. I agree, they tie some nice chute's & daisy chains....

Shawn F

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Neighborhood Businesses

I visited my favorite neighborhood pizza-making restuarant and bar on Saturday to wish 'em all Happy Holidays. Not a "regular" but I've been going there since they first opened about 15year's ago. Asked the proprietor how business was and he said not good due to the economy. He's located in a great spot...the biggest residential development around with many more surrounding.

I drank a few more beers there than I intended to and ordered dinner. :chugbeer:

IMHO - We're all taking a hit right now "I don't care who you are."

I'm still going to support the local tackle shops and other small businesses the best I can 'cause when they're gone you'll not be able to go out on the Bay during Spring Striper season, loose a net on the way out and go back to "barn" and replace it quickly to resume your fishing. ;-)

Happy Holidays to the Board!

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
B- I do recall seeing a sign on the door stating there closed on Wednesday's but don't hold me to that. I agree, they tie some nice chute's & daisy chains....

Shawn F
Anything wrong at warrens? I was just there for the 3rd time and it was locked up despite it being during store hours. I was planning on buying a bunch of parachutes and shads.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anything wrong at warrens? I was just there for the 3rd time and it was locked up despite it being during store hours. I was planning on buying a bunch of parachutes and shads.
Strange..... They were open yesterday about 11am

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
They are closed on Wed. There should be a sign, maybe it fell off. During this time of year or late in the season, if its blowing hard or pouring down rain they sometimes dont come in. Maybe call ahead next time 410-768-6977.

If it is something urgent you need bmail or call me. If Im available I can meet you at the store.

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
I just wanted some parachutes and I like theirs best. I was there at 330 today (Tuesday) and a couple of days last week (one day was raining). I am hoping to fish Friday or Sat so and am in need of more lures. Just left alltackle and they are out of parachutes. Off to anglers tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
26,232 Posts
Mrs. Warren will sometimes close the store in winter if it appears unlikely people will be needing bait or tackle.This time of year- often only 4-5 people stop in all day - makes staying there a long day.

Most of our local shops cut back their hours during winter.As others said- best to call first to be sure they are open.

Now is the time smart fishermen stock up on lures on order custom tied parachutes :yes:. It takes time to get that battered and chipped head color just right :D.Good time also to drop in reels or rods that need repairs :thumbup: before the springtime rush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts