Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a neoprene face mask to keep my face from falling off on the water this winter. 40 MPH in < 40 degree temps hurts. I'm looking at some on ebay but realize I have never worn one. Are there any key features like a liner or whatever? Hell, I don't know. I'm just a cheap ****** and don't want to waste 14 bucks on something that is a POS.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hey stranger! Hey we actually use full face helmets. Works awesome. Then we just use the old cheap bank robber mask when we get to our spot and setup.

·
Registered
766 Posts
full face helmets at wal mart are around $80 bucks and they dont have much to choose from. crash probably has a slew from racing but i believe they didn't hold up well cause he's obviously had some head trama..............i use a deal from work duds for $12 and its the ticket. striperjoe
ps - crash - stay out of my holes and I'll stay out of your house, deal ? [excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I bought one from Sports Authority a few years ago and it works great. This one does not cover above the top of the nose. It is very comfortable and warm with a velcro closure in the back. You might want to check out some sporting goods stores and see what appeals to you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm with crash14me on this one. If you try a full face helment you will not be sorry. They work great when its cold,in the rain and they fight off bugs at night in the summer well. You guys wanting to save a couple dollars kill me. I'll spend a few xtra bucks for a little comfort and I'm not even old like some of you[grin]

DEAN

·
Registered
86 Posts
Full face helmets work fine - but the masks from camping stores - not recessarily neoprene, like Duofold or Patagonia are great - and you can keep them in your pocket or tackle box.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm only taking advice from people I actually see on the water in below freezing temps!!! [excited]

Storage space sucks on my boat and the last thing I need is a couple of my motorcycle helmets (I got em) rolling around. I figured the neoprene would be perfectly warm although you do have a good point about the watering eyes. That cold wind whips right around the glasses and goggles I've tried.

·
Registered
434 Posts
[Q]Gottheblues originally wrote:
whimps!!!!!!!!!
[/Q]

Whimps??and this is coming from the guy that admitted to "FREEZING ALL DAY" in the James River Invitational last year??

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Actually, GottheBlues does where a helmet sometimes, but not full face. He is too macho for that. And nothing keeps him warmer that his old high school wrestling uniform.

Chris is kinda short, but look at those muscles. And....I guess Kepone went to a different school. This must have been a match day!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Like Hugh says, and I quote "If you going to be a catfisherman, you got to be tough". I will have to go along with him and GTB"S on this one. Gloves to pick up catfish, helmets because it's cold, lying about where you catch fish, lying about the weight...........etc. Sounds like a bunch of bass fisherman, or a bunch of want'abe catfisherman, and no, catching a few big cats on a hole that someone put you on, or you saw someone fishing doesn't make you a fisherman. Do not respond if you are still Shi!!ing yellow...............[grin] but I do hope All of you Have a Great Thanksgiving.....and remember to say a prayer for our Troops that are having turkey out of a can. God bless

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Well said Andy. Spoken like a true virtual fisherman. Seems kinda calling the kettle black. Maybe this coming year you will be spotted on the river in something other than your brothers boat. Come to think of it, I have never seen you more than 24' from Hugh![wink]

Maybe you and BigJon could get a radio show together about fishing. You sure talk a good game![tongue]

Dayton

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doo Doo, I hope I can still call you that[smile]. I will not respond to your accusations because it is very evident you have no idea what you are talking about.[smile], but I do take offence when you compare me with bigjohn. That was just plain nasty,cruel and uncall for. I will admit I like to stir the pot alittle.[grin] You stated that I talk a good game, is that a challenge, if it is, I accept.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Okay Andy! Let do it. James river tomorrow (friday Nov 25).

11am til 5pm. 2 fish. Loser buys dinner at the new Chick-Fil-A in Chester! Call me.

Dayton

1 - 20 of 21 Posts